AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many people that live in Cleveland are succesfully receiving HD channels. I have an HDTV but haven't gotten a receiver yet. I have a big tree blocking my SW sky, so DSS is out for me, but I'm looking at getting the Samsung SIR-T150 based on all the reviews and good things said about it here.

So how are the receptions in Cleveland? Are the networks here pretty good about broadcasting in HD or do they often forget to "flip the switch" as I've read in other posts. I'll mainly be watching a couple CBS shows, and maybe a couple FOX and ABC shows as well. (Too bad NBC won't do HD Friends.)

And what do you guys do about time shifting? Do you have the SD output fed into a TiVo or Replay? What about HD? I've read about the PCI cards for my PC, but I really don't feel like buying any new PC components at this time.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

[This message has been edited by blipszyc (edited 10-07-2001).]

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you search for post I have seen several posts on the forum about Cleveland folks being able to receive the Detroit OTA signals, sometimes better then the Cleveland OTA sigals!

------------------

Peter L.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I am over in Rocky River, and I get all of the Cleveland digital channels with a rooftop antenna. I pulled NBC, ABC, and Fox with the antenna in my attic, but I couldnt get CBS. So this weekend I put the antenna up on the roof. I laugh everytime I see it, because I am the only one in my development with an antenna on the house, and wow is it ugly. But it is so worth it once you see the college football on Saturday in HD. It kinda feels like you are in a skybox watching the game.

Good Luck, and Enjoy HDTV.

Fred

·
Registered
133 Posts
I live on the west side and I get all the locals except for CBS using rabbit ears. Soon I will install an outdoor antenna. No UPN or PBS yet but maybe by May of 2002 will we see these too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I live on the far east side. I just got my HD stb about 2 weeks ago. I had problems getting CBS at first and then last week I got Detroit stations for a couple days. This week I couldn't get any, but this past week Cleveland CBS WOIO-10 has been coming in stable and fine. I get NBC-2 decent, but often get some slight seconds of drop outs. ABC-15 and FOX-31 are buy far the most stable, almost always at 100 strength. I have a Terk-20 indoor amplified antenna that is temporarily in my guest bedroom facing out a window in a non-orthodox location (on top of the door.) I'm single, so I don't have any one to complain about the current set up. I'll probably play with other options location-wise, but all I wanted was reception initially. I tried numerous other indoor antennas from Radio Shak and others and I couldn't get WOIO-10. After hearing so many negative Terk opinions I stayed away from them, but gave in and tried after nothing else worked.

I've never had any flipping of the switch problems (in the two weeks I've had HD.) Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've watched or tested almost every minute of primetime HD on CBS and ABC and Leno every night. Not once have I had a problem. As far as I can tell, this problem is non-existent in Cleveland(and Detroit [when available.])

I don't know what you mean by time shifting. I don't even own a PC so I can't help you on that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.