AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was receiving WKYC in Cleveland HD very well here in Mansfield up until about a month or so ago. Now nothing on 3-1, 3-2 or 3-3. All the other Cleveland HD stations are coming in fine. Can anyone verify the 3-1 is off the air or on low power. E-mail to the station goes unanswered.

Thanks

Jg

·
Registered
11 Posts
jgorman -

That's interesting... I've been posting in these "Cleveland" forums about the problems I've been having with WOIO CBS in Cleveland.

To answer your question, I am receiving 3-1, 3-2, and 3-3 without any problems, but I am only about 12 miles from the towers in Parma.

My situation is this: I bought an indoor antenna to test my reception and was getting every channel EXCEPT NBC. So I purchased and installed an outdoor antenna and now I get eveything EXCEPT CBS!!

I thought maybe the CBS tower went down or was experiencing problems... Are you still receiving CBS (VHF ch 10) in Mansfield???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem with CBS (19-1) here in Mansfield, in fact it comes in better than ABC (5-1). I still can not get a thing on 3-1. My gut feeling is they have cut the power a lot, but I can not get that verified. Another local person is having the same problem with 3-1. It is very frustrating because a few months ago it came in fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The best, up-to-date info I have found for what power stations are transmitting at can be found at www.100000watts.com. They say that 3-1 WKYCDT is transmitting at 7kw. Funny thing is they also say that 19-1 WOIODT is transmitting at 3.5kw, and you are having no problem receiving that in Mansfield!! I am stumped. Maybe the info isn't that good...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Are you using a VHF antenna? If you have an indoor antenna, you may just have a UFH. NBC 3-1 is VHF....this could be your problem.

Hope you get it resolved.

Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I have large outdoor VHF and UHF Channel Master antenna's on top of a 60' tower and live on top of a large hill to boot. I can pull in VHF from close to 100 miles. I even get good HD from Columbus about 70 miles out.

Everything but 3-1 in Cleveland. Another friend in town is having the same problems with 3-1. Nothing at all down here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Greetings! I'm brand new to this forum.

I'm a relatively new HDTV'r in Cleveland, Ohio.

Have a Samsung SIR-T165 HDTV tuner. Just yesterday I replaced my meager performing indoor antenna with a roof-top antenna. I am now able to get all 5 digital stations, including NBC and CBS. With my indoor antenna I was never able to get these two.

My exact location is Olmsted Twp. - near Great Northern Mall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Akron reporting in

Wow my first show in HDTV....Faith Hill on NBC.

Been working with antennas for three days and each time was missing the time slots where something was in HD.

But tonight it all came together! Awesome!

I just got my Zenith 420 Thursday, bought a Radio Shack Bowtie for $1.97 and it worked very well for three stations, I then tried hooking up my old roof antenna (20 yrs old or better) signal was lower than on the RS Bowtie, I then bought a Zenith Silver Sensor which was worse than either of the first two.

Finally I went to Lowes this morning and bought the Channelmaster Stealth and priced matched it lower than what I paid for the Zenith Silver sensor.

Mounted it on the old mast and now I get fairly strong signals on all the locals.

Interesting side-note for me being a novice....I orifginally just kep pointing everything towards Cleveland from my location in central Akron thinking this was the logical choice.

Finally pointed the antenna to the far northeast and boom thats when I finally got NBC and the signal went up for everything else as well.

Kind of longwinded but I just had to tell somebody.

Thanks for listening and Happy holidays.

Ape

Nick Zender

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.