AVS Forum banner

15761 - 15780 of 15847 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
That's what most people think of when they hear a "simple antenna". Nearly all of them are lacking in the VHF side of things..aside from perhaps stretching out rabbit ears.

Here (Summit County), I cannot pick up WJW at all unless I lift my ClearStream MAX up to the ceiling of my third floor finished attic. I don't control the ability to mount an outdoor antenna.
I was thinking the 15+ inches of snow on the roof isn't helping much either.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
While the Clearstream series is great with UHF, I don't think that the simple rods for VHF get you the kind of reception you would need especially in an indoor situation. I have the older Clearstream 4 with the reflectors but no VHF elements since I'm close to the towers in Parma. Since you are getting some signal when you move it, maybe using an antenna amplifier would help.
Yeah, I have considered either a beefier ClearStream or some other antenna with better VHF elements. The MAX-V is the more modest one you can buy at Target.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Does anyone know why WVIZ is branded as just PBS Ideastream on the PBS website, where on air and on the station's website it's WVIZ PBS Ideastream?

Also, it seems that WVIZ hasn't yet adopted the new PBS logo, which many member stations have already done. While it's incorporated as such on PBS' website, perhaps it's not the final logo or one created by WVIZ.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Speaking of WVIZ, anyone see the movie back in '16 called Christine? Christine Chubbuck got her start at WVIZ.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I was in Orlando when that happened, didn't remember it at the time, she was from Hudson.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Just for kicks, I mocked up what WVIZ's logo with the new PBS logo might look like. I suspect that it will look similar to the on-screen logos seen on .2 & .3, unless they change the design and/or branding.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Dog, you got too much time on your hands! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe they should buy it off of you & save having a graphic department.

Could you come up with something for 27 too?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Dog, you got too much time on your hands! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe they should buy it off of you & save having a graphic department.

Could you come up with something for 27 too?
It didn't take long to assemble, probably 10 or so minutes. I just used the two existing high res PNG's that were available on the internet and pretty much cut, resized and aligned selections from them in Adobe Photoshop.

By 27, are you referring to 35? If that's the case, just select a random font, color, and type TV35. Shouldn't take more than 10 seconds.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
35 wasn't that the one that had the logo that looked like it was designed by a 15 year old in a high school intro to art class?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Well, with no Radio Shack across the street anymore and equipment that's likely 40+ years old, it wouldn't surprise me if the video remains out for a good portion of time until they can find used parts at dirt cheap prices on eBay.

EDIT: Digital audio static as of 4:15 PM

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
They Might be looking for some old guy who really knows electronics and not someone who can remove and replace modules.
JJK

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Just for kicks, I mocked up what WVIZ's logo with the new PBS logo might look like. I suspect that it will look similar to the on-screen logos seen on .2 & .3, unless they change the design and/or branding.
View attachment 3072827
I would assume they want to keep it simple so what they are using now works since it takes up as little of the screen as possible. Contrast that to WEAO-49 which is larger and somewhat distracting. A lot of these station logos are large and annoying after some time.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I would assume they want to keep it simple so what they are using now works since it takes up as little of the screen as possible. Contrast that to WEAO-49 which is larger and somewhat distracting. A lot of these station logos are large and annoying after some time.
I also took my mock up logo and placed it over the existing on-screen logo currently seen on 25.1. Resized it down to the current one and increased the transparency. It didn't look anymore bothersome. But yes, I don't know why PBS all of a sudden needs to spell out their initials. It just takes up more space, as demonstrated by WEAO. Just getting rid of the "PBS" initials and shrinking the logo to a slight degree would be significant enough.

15761 - 15780 of 15847 Posts