AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I turn on my Samsung LN32A450 LCD HDTV and watch for a while, the plastic housing of the TV will make this clicking/cracking sound occasionally. It sounds like it's due to the heat of the TV when it's on. Heat expands the plastic, so it makes this noise. It goes away after about an hour and will make the sound again when I turn the TV off. So, I was just wondering. Does anyone else experience this type of sound when watching their LCD TV? I don't recall my CRT ever making this sound occasionally (though I can't be 100% sure).

·
Registered
7 Posts
This happens to my wall-mounted 27" Dell monitor. At first I thought it was the mount, but like you said, the creaking seems to coincide with heating up then turning off / cooling down. I doubt there's really a 'fix', but I'd be curious to read these other responses.

·
Registered
685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraffle /forum/post/15465311

Whenever I turn on my Samsung LN32A450 LCD HDTV and watch for a while, the plastic housing of the TV will make this clicking/cracking sound occasionally. It sounds like it's due to the heat of the TV when it's on. Heat expands the plastic, so it makes this noise. It goes away after about an hour and will make the sound again when I turn the TV off. So, I was just wondering. Does anyone else experience this type of sound when watching their LCD TV? I don't recall my CRT ever making this sound occasionally (though I can't be 100% sure).

Yeah, my Mitsu LCD does the same thing...it's normal, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch. I'm kind of shock that they don't make the plastic housing a little better. But I'm glad to hear it's nothing to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts