AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a PS3 Slim (250GB) with Uncharted2 bundle locally. This is my first Playstation. Wasn't a gamer till Uncharted2 converted me into one.

I have been using the PS3 connected to a Pioneer receiver (VSX-919AH) via HDMI cable. The picture and sound quality is breathtaking.

The only issue I seem to have, is that after I switch off the PS3 (I turn off the mains too), I hear 1-2 "clicks". The Slim and the receiver have been placed side-by-side on a shelf above the LCD. I switch off the receiver and the PS3 one after another and I'm almost certain the clicking sound is coming from the PS3, as I've not heard it when I'm using only the receiver. I don't leave any discs inside.

Really not sure what might be causing this "issue". Has anyone else ever experienced this with a Slim or with the old PS3? Is this normal?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The only thing i can think of its a handshake issue.

What happens if you turn off the PS3 first then the receiver?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Alot of slims make clicking sounds when powered off. It doesn't seem to hurt anything. Most likely, it is the plastic casing holding the power supply that is expanding and contracting from heat.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Noticed mine does it as well, usually after I turn it off

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm relieved to know that this issue is not uncommon. I don't think it is an HDMI handshake issue. The problem seems more "physical" rather than "electrical". Maybe like, a fingernail tapping against some surface. And it's not irritating. As long as it does not harm the Slim in any way, I don't mind it.

Was just worried that there was a problem with "my" Slim, but I'm relieved a bit after hearing other people's experiences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts