AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if I've missed anything posted previously (just did a search and couldn't find anything).

One thing I noticed: in the v5.10.0.27 control panel, there's a check box under "Hardware Settings" called "Disable Control of the Monitor Mixer and Patchbay/Router by Audio Applications". That certainly sounds like API control to me! Is there something pre-existing we don't know about?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Carl,

That is API control from client software (pro recording SW).

Work has not started on the home theater API yet. The programmers got really behind on other work while I had them working on the Bass Management software and they need to get some other work out first.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I have never used this function of Girder but it does have a registry compare function....

What I think you do is make a setting... Take a registry 'snapshot'... change the setting... Take another reg snapshot... Do the compare function and it then works out what has changed and will make only this change as a girder event...

I know people have used this to switch settings and seems to me like a way (albiet requiring work) that would give an API by manipulating the registry automatically...

Girder and a CCF could give you a full pre/pro like performance out of this...

This is something I have been mulling over but dont yet have a soundcard to play with these drivers and girder....

I could have all or some of this wrong as its another side to Girder I have not played with directly but its something I had been thinking...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried this already, but didn't succeed with it. It seems the Delta Control Panel doesn't store its settings in the registry, or if it does, then it does other things as well. I believe it communicates with the soundcard driver directly, not via the registry.

What I'd like to know is: how does it communicate with the driver? Can't we just communicate with the driver in the same way? Obviously there is some sort of API between the Delta Control Panel and the driver today - why can't M-Audio just give us a few details about that? I don't really understand why any development is necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.