AVS Forum banner

4481 - 4490 of 4490 Posts

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,481 (Edited)
I haven't been on here in a while - my system has been humming along for many years with no problems. I recently noticed, however, that the MyHD Program Guide is no longer being populated by the SD data. I updated the CW-EPG to the latest version and, after 2 days, the guide is still not populating.
Hi, Thorny1!
There's been no change at the SD end so it has to be a local problem. Please PM me for directions on how to provide diagnostics so that we can get to the bottom of this.

EDIT: It turns out that this MyHD issue is my fault :(, the result of using a newer database file format than MyHD wants for the OSD file. If there are any other MyHD OSD users out there who, so far, silently would like a patched version to address this, please PM me.

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,482
BTW, with the help of a generous tester near Padua, Italy we've got the latest test version of CW_EPG vetted for operation in the EU on their DVB-T version of the HDHR tuners. We could well use some additional testers from other regions supported by the Schedules Direct JSON database; e.g., Latin America or the Caribbean Islands.

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,483 (Edited)
Version 4.4.3 released

It no longer needs a previous version installation. Third release is always the charm, right? 😊

Go to the first post in this thread for more information or simply jump to the Support Page to get the new installer.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I've just installed the latest version.So far I've seen some major improvements and a couple of minor issues. It seems to start up a little faster than it used to but the best change is that going to the Options page, which used to take several seconds, is now immediate. Thank you!

I also like being able to change the size of the Main and Auto Settings windows but the Options window is not adjustable and now the bottom of that window cuts through the middle of the Schedules Direct password field, at least on my display (1360x768).

The other issue is very minor. The latest download is CW_EPG_Setup_4_4_3_1 but the About page lists it as 4.4.3.0.

I was also interested in the note on the CW_EPG Support Page that said "There is a new version soon ready for testing that uses the Schedules Direct JSON database covering much of Europe and Latin America, as well as North America." I'd been hoping that CW_EPG would switch to using the JSON database because it includes TV series season and episode numbers (ex.: S03E08) where available. I hope that will eventually be added as one of the File Name Options.

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,485 (Edited)
@ebo: Thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean about the 1366x768 Options window and it's even worse at 1280x720 (both of which I thought we had tested). It does look great at 3840x2160 though! 😛 We'll have to address that in a minor update soon.

EDIT: I also meant to say that we'll take the S03E08 suggestion under advisement for the JSON version.

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,486
BTW, that JSON version, which may be distributed via the MSFT Store, could also drop support for discontinued Windows versions as well as moribund tuner types. What are folks' reactions to those ideas?

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,487
@ebo et al.: The Support Page download is now at 4.4.3.2, incorporating fixes for the issues that ebo noted. Thanks, again.

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,489
If there are any MyHD users following this thread, please note that the CW_EPG version 4.4.3 now posted on the Support Page does fully support MyHD (and WinXP) so you need not stick with an old version. If you do (because "it ain't broke") you're forgoing some really neat stuff as well as a much easier channel mapping that takes a lot of the sting out of recovering from FCC repacking shuffles. I'm just sayin'....

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,490
The current version linked on the Support Page is 4.4.3.5, which fixes a bug that was preventing Autoruns from completing correctly on some PCs. It also has a minor facelift on the About tab.

4481 - 4490 of 4490 Posts