AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local Future Shop advertised the Stallone DVD for $13.99 and I decided to add it to my collection as I had it on VHS years ago...not expecting much except a good action flick, I was surprised of how much use my surrounds were being utilized in this movie. The LFE channel was getting quite a workout and the transitions from left to right and front to rear were very good indeed. Even the 2.35 anamorphic PQ was excellent considering the age of this film. Altho not the JP DTS version, I believe this purchase was one of my better deals.:D

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
you choose judiciously :D

I have it also and had the chance to test the Japanese dts edition. I think the Japanese edition has some distorsion in the fronts especially and less thunderous LFE ( but that does not surprise me as sometimes the dolby mix has been encoded with an "oversized" LFE :D, like with THE ROCK from Criterion ).

I still want a superbit edition thought and let's hope the dts distorsion is corrected by then...

if I could find again that review by dvdfile of the Japanse edition of Cliffhanger...

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
From our boy Rambo to our boy hanging my his fingers, watch out I have a can of WD-40 ready, he better have a James Bond para sail like in Moonraker. lol :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.