AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any good ideas on converting this single car detached garage into a theater room?I know the obvious of having to build a false wall to protect garage door and doing something about windows and bringing in a dedicated power outlet.Unsure if i need to put 4 different circuits in for projector,amp,sub/s and rest of equipment or just one or two











 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
You should do some readng here as there have been a few garage theaters. However, your first challenge is going to be getting all of that stuff out of there so that you can work.
 

·
RETIRED theater builder
Joined
·
36,385 Posts
I see you are in AZ so I assume it gets hot. If you haven't started to think about it yet now is the time to plan HVAC.


A lot of guys here have had good luck with Mini-split systems with the Mitsubishi Mr Slim getting good marks for being quiet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlllava /forum/post/14169644


You should do some readng here as there have been a few garage theaters. However, your first challenge is going to be getting all of that stuff out of there so that you can work.

Thats the easy part
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/14169677


I see you are in AZ so I assume it gets hot. If you haven't started to think about it yet now is the time to plan HVAC.


A lot of guys here have had good luck with Mini-split systems with the Mitsubishi Mr Slim getting good marks for being quiet.

Yes,The HVAC is one of the first things i have thought about.thanks for the info on the mini-spilt.Have never heard of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Also, most garages are not insulated. Is yours?


As for power, you need to look at the requirements of all your equipment, add it up and that should tell you what you need to run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what i have now in power consumption


Denon 5900 80 watts

Dwin projector 300 watts (5 watts standby)

Dwin Processor 25 watts

Gemstone amp 40 watts at idle

B&K 30 watts max
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr762 /forum/post/14170219


Also, most garages are not insulated. Is yours?


As for power, you need to look at the requirements of all your equipment, add it up and that should tell you what you need to run.

Yes, it is insulated
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top