AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow I must say I was thouroughly disapointed with the look of clones in 35mm. I hear digatal is so impressive but I don't live near a theatre with it.

Man the beginning was rough! The dialog was horrid. Theres just something still missing. Casting H. Christiansen helped immensly, What a great actor. I think Lucas needs to have several screenwriters. This time around he had some help and it made the film better. However, I can't help but feel this movie could have been even better. I cannot wait for episod 3 as I have hopes that it will prove clones to be a great part of the new trilogy. Overall the movie was very entertaining, but still far off from developing the chemistry of Chewy and Han. Luke and Leia. Han and Leia even C3PO and R2D2. I love Ewan Macgrgor and Hayden Christiansen. Now I just hope they get better lines and that Natalie Portman acts instead of just being hot. I mean she has no emotion.

Peace I'm sure many will disagree, but what made spiderman great was its realistic appeal. Star Wars Episode I and II lack most of that realism which would make them excell more.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I think that Natalie just isn't into that role. She's obviously a great actor, at least going by her previous work. But she can only say the lines she's given I guess. She seems to do better in more realistic roles.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
I agree with you Hank, I really like Spidey and felt somewhat empty after Ep. 2. Just didn't have what it needed to make it a great movie (like decent acting). :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
One great side effect of the ridiculous lines and acting was some unintended humor though! My wife and I were laughing out loud at some of the parts. Overall I thought it was a good movie though. You just have to forget that you have seen well acted/written movies and go with the flow I guess. I am looking forward to seeing Episode III to see how he fills in the gaps before Episode IV begins.

My favorite unintentionally funny part had to be when Natalie was rolling down the sand hill and ended up laying on her back and hurt. Someone asks her if she is okay and she just pops up like nothing was wrong and goes "Let's go" or something. It was too funny. That and when the creature conveniently ripped her shirt and turned it into a crop top type shirt.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Enough, already - there are about a dozen Star Wars: Attack of the Clones threads already in different Forums - we have the official review thread in this Forum, would everyone here kindly post to that, please.

Gary

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Clones takes one to a totally different world and is visually stunning for this alone. Spiderman gives one fantasy but does it here on earth. I'll take the totally immersive experience of clones every time. If one isn't in to this type of experience then spiderman is probably better. Spiderman was good but clones blows it away if one is into fantasy action movies. These types of movies are about visuals not winning Oscars for their actors. If you don't think the actors in the original trilogy were playing their parts "tongue in cheek" you need to watch them again. Harrison Fords Indie character is simply an extension of Hans Solo. If anything the present actors are taking themselves too seriously and the humor is not anywhere near the originals. Then there is the lack of humor in Star Trek:Enterprise but that's another post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.