AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello can someone give me some information on close caption .

i have a toshiba 57hdx and over the air tuner zenith hdv420

and iam am not getting close caption is ther something wroung with my turner or there is no close caption in hdtv yet thanks kevin

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kevin143
hello can someone give me some information on close caption .

i have a toshiba 57hdx and over the air tuner zenith hdv420

and iam am not getting close caption is ther something wroung with my turner or there is no close caption in hdtv yet thanks kevin
Kevin,

First of all, not ALL stations broadcast the CC information with their signal. Your TV and or set top box may provide you with some sort of feedback (display a "CC" or something) if you hit the "info" or "display" button on your remote to call up the particular information for the station you are watching. I don't own your tv or the Zenith STB, so I can't say for certain what button to hit. If you are viewing signals only through the STB, then you should only have to turn on the CC within the Zenith and not worry about the tv.

To be honest, I rarely if EVER use CC with OTA material... that is reserved for late night viewing of DirecTV stuff for me... so I can't conclusively say whether your OTA stuff is transmitting the CC info. What time of day are you trying to tune the CC in? What network?

Let us know how it goes.

Later,

Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know its broadcasting closecaption because i can get it in 480 i mode

if i hit info button i get closecaption not available now in hd mode i really just wanted someone with a hdd tv in any area can get closecaption in hdd mode kevin just spending lots of cash then no closecaption really bums me out i am deaf kevin

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Isn't the Zenith the box that only gets digital closed captioning in HD mode? This question belongs in the HD hardware forum since it's the receiver, not the TV that does the decoding.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kevin143
i know its broadcasting closecaption because i can get it in 480 i mode

if i hit info button i get closecaption not available now in hd mode i really just wanted someone with a hdd tv in any area can get closecaption in hdd mode kevin just spending lots of cash then no closecaption really bums me out i am deaf kevin

Ahhh... sorry, I missed the fact that you could get CC on 480i but not on the HD inputs. Yep... like GreyWolf says... post something over in the HDTV Hardware section and I am sure you will get some more informed info. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Regards,

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.