Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I've been lurking here for several weeks reading all of the posts about various plasmas and I've come to the conclusion that the 42" Panny is the best bet for me. I've seen the display in action and it looks very good. The 50" was a consideration but the added cost, coupled with the fan noise and potentially inferior scaling issues pretty much knocked that one out of contention. It looks like this is a highly refined set....

Anyhow, looks like Dell is the place to buy. My questions:

1) is Dell shipping the newer units that are free from the buzzing capacitor problem?

2) what is the warrenty on this thing (I can't find a thing on the Panasonic web site)?

3) anyone know of the return policy for Dell - I will likely be out of town when the unit arrives so it won't get a proper inspection upon receipt and I will want to have the option of sending it back several days after receipt if the thing is toast.

4) The best Dell special I can find right now is 10% off plus free shipping (no tax?). Can anyone do better than this?

Thanks!

Kale

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I normally use http://www.ableshoppers.com to find out about deals. I got this just now

Dell Home has a new stackable $25 off $300 coupon code 46BD54E0E35F. Use this with the 10% off coupon code D34BCAC91D2A. 50% off on shipping.

If you buy from the "Home & Home Office" part you do not pay taxes. If you buy as a business you do.

Augusto

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) Got it.. I used the 10% home discount + 50% shipping + $25 stackable coupon for a total of roughly $5075.00 for my new 42" Panny. I'm stoked!

Now I just need to figure out if the thing comes with a stand/mount of any kind and what kind of warrently I am looking at.

Thanks for your help!

-Kale

·
Registered
51 Posts
You also need to purchase the stand. If I were you I would wait until the end of DELLs fiscal quarter. That is when all the sales people are trying to make quotas. I was able to get two coupons of 10% off (stackable) and free overnight shipping. Total cost = $4650 w/stand! No kidding. No joke.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but when i Dell's end of Fiscal quarter? Are they on a normal calendar quarter?

Also, do they offer any extended warranties? And what is the standard warranty?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.