AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TV I have is Samsung 32 EH5000 with a Samsung panel. I have the habit to check for clouding/flashlight on TV right after I turn on the TV and right before I turn off the TV. I noticed when I turn on the TV, I cannot see any clouding/flashlight on a pure black screen in a dark room, but when I turned off the TV after several hours, I can observe some clouding/flashlight on the screen.

I did a test today. This is a screen shot of the TV right after I turned it on:

No clouding/flashlight.

After half an hour of use:

Some clouding/flashlight began to appear. The pic didn't show it very well. But I can definitely see it through my eyes. Take a look at top left and top right.

Then, I turned off the TV and let it cool down for 20 minutes. Clouding/flashlight is gone after I turned it on.

It looks like the backlight heats up and creates the clouding. Does it look normal to you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are never going to get a completely uniform screen from LCD technology. I think most of us have accepted that by now... how bad your clouding will be depends on your luck and what sort of panel you get. Your pictures look perfectly normal to me man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts