AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on my Sony KDL-42V4100 LCD that the clouding appears slightly on each corner sometimes one corner only and depending how long the tv is on the clouding moves around, gets worst and at times completely dissapears, why is this so? Can it be due to the temperature or how long the tv is left on?

·
Registered
107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsspeed /forum/post/15584675

I noticed on my Sony KDL-42V4100 LCD that the clouding appears slightly on each corner sometimes one corner only and depending how long the tv is on the clouding moves around, gets worst and at times completely dissapears, why is this so? Can it be due to the temperature or how long the tv is left on?

It might be unrelated, but try turning off your auto-dim sensor in the main menu settings and see if the cloudiness improves. The sympton of appearing and disappearing might be the changing ambient light in the room. I did this on my set and it made quite a difference, however the "haziness" I had covered the entire screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicman1 /forum/post/15585699

The sympton of appearing and disappearing might be the changing ambient light in the room. .

This is what I thought but this is not the case. When its pitch black and I am watching my set , from day to day the clouding appears in different parts of the tv and sometimes isn't there at all, thats what led me to start this thread...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts