AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a extreme (imo) clouding issue on my VIZIO M420VT. I returned the first TV to costco and exchanged for same one. I have tried changing every setting i could think of (including backlight) to no avail..

link to pic
http://yfrog.com/evphotoxy0j

i called vizio and they said ALL led tvs have clouding..

advice?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I am just getting into the edge-lit LED realm myself. From what I can gather, all edge-lit LEDs do have some degree of bright corners. I think the potential "solution" is to get a tv where you can tweak the display enough to minimize this issue.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnh /forum/post/19561608

I seem to have a extreme (imo) clouding issue on my VIZIO M420VT. I returned the first TV to costco and exchanged for same one. I have tried changing every setting i could think of (including backlight) to no avail..

link to pic
http://yfrog.com/evphotoxy0j

i called vizio and they said ALL led tvs have clouding..

advice?

Wow, that's pretty bad! Actually, what you are seeing is more often referred to as "flashlighting" since it appears at the corners, like shining a flashlight on the corner of the screen. That's one of the worst cases I've seen. While "many" LED LCDs exhibit problems with screen uniformity, certainly not all do nor are they as visible as that one.

I'd take the thing back and get a CCFL LCD. I watch TV to enjoy the picture on the screen. If that isn't possible, then no matter how sexy the TV looks when it's turned off, it wouldn't be in my home.

My suggestion is to continue shopping. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/19561707

Wow, that's pretty bad! Actually, what you are seeing is more often referred to as "flashlighting" since it appears at the corners, like shining a flashlight on the corner of the screen. That's one of the worst cases I've seen. While "many" LED LCDs exhibit problems with screen uniformity, certainly not all do nor are they as visible as that one.

I'd take the thing back and get a CCFL LCD. I watch TV to enjoy the picture on the screen. If that isn't possible, then no matter how sexy the TV looks when it's turned off, it wouldn't be in my home.

My suggestion is to continue shopping. Good luck to you.

I wish i would have taken a pic of the first one, it was 10 times worse..

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Edge lit backlit 42" LED TVs often have blooming problems, espcially the edge lit local diming models, when compared to 42" CCFL backlit TVs. After reading lots of posts it is apparent to me that LED edge lit backlighting is not yet a muture technology. Hopefully it will improve with the 2011 models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts