AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone, i got my CLR 2002 today and i have a question, on the back it has 2 rows of terminals, one red and black on the top and one red and black on the bottom, now i understand that you will use all these 4 terminals if you are BI AMPING but i am NOT..

I just want to hook it like a regular speaker, so i just plugged in my speaker wire into the TOP row of terminals, is that how i hook it up regulary?

And i also have another question, when i just took the speaker out of the box there was also a set of 2 JUMPERS on the back where the terminals are and it was connecting the top row of terminals and the bottom row, i took these jumpers out, do i need these or these Jumpers or they are only for bi amping?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15444728

Hey there everyone, i got my CLR 2002 today and i have a question, on the back it has 2 rows of terminals, one red and black on the top and one red and black on the bottom, now i understand that you will use all these 4 terminals if you are BI AMPING but i am NOT..

I just want to hook it like a regular speaker, so i just plugged in my speaker wire into the TOP row of terminals, is that how i hook it up regulary?

And i also have another question, when i just took the speaker out of the box there was also a set of 2 JUMPERS on the back where the terminals are and it was connecting the top row of terminals and the bottom row, i took these jumpers out, do i need these or not?

You are not bi-amping or bi-wiring so install the jumpers in place.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhhhh so i NEED to have the jumpers in place yea? and its fine that i plugged in the speaker wire into the top row of terminals rather than the bottom row, basically it doesnt matter afterall whether i plugged it at the top row or the bottom if the jumpers are in place right?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15444890

Ohhhhh so i NEED to have the jumpers in place yea? and its fine that i plugged in the speaker wire into the top row of terminals rather than the bottom row, basically it doesnt matter afterall whether i plugged it at the top row or the bottom if the jumpers are in place right?

That's right.......once the jumpers are in place you can hook up to the top or bottom terminals.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh ok got it man, what i did is i took out the speaker wire that i had connected at first and i placed the jumpers first and THEN plugged the speaker wire back into the top row.. i knew that something wasnt sounding right with the speaker

i have one more little problem, installing the Logo, see, i found the 2 small holes where the logo is supposed to pop in but it just doesnt go in and i pushed quiete hard..

Thanks mate

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15444995

Ahh ok got it man, what i did is i took out the speaker wire that i had connected at first and i placed the jumpers first and THEN plugged the speaker wire back into the top row.. i knew that something wasnt sounding right with the speaker

i have one more little problem, installing the Logo, see, i found the 2 small holes where the logo is supposed to pop in but it just doesnt go in and i pushed quiete hard..

Thanks mate

"Been there done that"........so you can use a flash light to shine through the grill cloth......you have already located the holes so line up the logo and tap it in. Don't be afraid,tap it in with a small hammer. I used a wooden crab mallet. The spkr has other holes in case you stand it upright....like if you were using it as a left/right.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, and just a question, if i dont use the JUMPERS like i did in the begining, basically i will only get HIGHS and non of the low sound?

And is it possible to not install the jumpers correctly? im asking because i didnt test the speakers yet(my little brother is on the xbox 360 playing so ill leave the calibration and all for tommorow) but from what i can hear the sound coming from the CLR 2002 is kindda low compared to the tower speakers and the surrounds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.