AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I need serious help

I don't know where to start. My friends and I are getting a house off campus, and we want to throw some parties with loud rap/hip hop music and a lot of bass. But I don't know what speakers/subs/receivers or anything else I need to get, or how they hook up or work together. 

Budget under $400 if possible, we want the quality of sound to be as good as it can get, but loud and bassy are main qualities we're looking for. 

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
If there's a guitar center or similarvaround go look at cheap pa stuff. IME more likely to survive a party night. Sub may be tough in your price range but generally don't worry about loud below 40-50 HZ. Generally they don't go deeper at live shows

·
Registered
7,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnnnyyy  /t/1519853/clueless-need-setup-for-college#post_24408728

I need serious help

I don't know where to start. My friends and I are getting a house off campus, and we want to throw some parties with loud rap/hip hop music and a lot of bass. But I don't know what speakers/subs/receivers or anything else I need to get, or how they hook up or work together. 

Budget under $400 if possible, we want the quality of sound to be as good as it can get, but loud and bassy are main qualities we're looking for. 

1) Get the Sony STR-DH130 receiver for $118 from Amazon. It has 130 watts per channel which will do the job. Great price.

2) Get two of the JBL JRX115 portable speaker systems. They have bass you can't believe, can handle 250 watts, and are rugged portable systems like pro musicians use. They are about $200 each, but that is cheap for what they will do (and they can easily be used outdoors as long as they don't get rained on).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts