AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I just installed my CM3021 and the picture looks terrible! I'm wondering, how is the correct way to face the antennae?

Should the bows be facing the transmition towers or should the screen? I was sure it was the screen, but the Channel Master instruction sheet seems to indicate the bows should be facing the towers?

Jim

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thumperboy:

Believe it or not I was still able to pick up my local PBS-HD station. Hopefully, once it stops raining and I can turn my antennae, everything will work out okay.

Jim

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help. I have the antennae turned the right direction and it is now working. One "minor" problem. On one station I'm getting some light snow. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

If the antennae is not perfectly aligned with a station, is snow the result?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Snow?! On a DT station?! What's the station actual channel number? (And what's your zip code, so we can see what you're trying to do...)

You 'should' have no picture at all, a badly pixelated one, or a good one. Snow is, um, strange... :)

Jim, you might want to find the Local HD forum thread for your area, if there's one, because that's the place to find folks that are right near you and have the same conditions trying to get the same stations....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm at 99352. I've looked at the other forum and didn't see anyone near my location. I was watching the "snowy" station about a half hour ago, and "no snow." I wonder if the problem is in the transmission. You know, garbage in garbage out!

The station number is 18.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.