AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear this antenna is hard on rotors. Can anyone suggest a good one for the CM 4228? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoulter
I hear this antenna is hard on rotors. Can anyone suggest a good one for the CM 4228? Thanks in advance.
I have had a 4228 on a CM9541 rotor for 4 years with no ill effect. I would find it hard to believe a 4228 would be hard on a rotor since it doesn't weigh much and wind loading is minimal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help. When I got to the store they only had the 9521A anyway so I got it, went home and put it up. I love it!!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
No, the CM9521a is not one of the best rotators on the market. It is just about the only rotator available to the typical consumer. ChannelMaster had serious problems with the CM9521a jamming after moving production off-shore a few years ago. I am sure this has since been fixed. There are other, better rotators available, although at considerably higher cost. Ask any ham radio operator. That said, I have a CM9521a, have never had a problem with it, and am quite happy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.