AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After 4 long weeks of battling with time and Adobe Encore finally the release of my calibration disc is here.

Note the disc has been designed to work with the enthusiast workflows in Calman 5 PRIOR to the latest beta release version 5.1.1 HT build 1188.

What does this mean? Well my disc only contains the 'classic' colour checker sequence of 24 colours and not the new colour checker or fleshtone SG sequences included in the latest beta build - perhaps these additional sequences will be included in future disc revisions. Also note the latest C5 revsion has reorganised the black and gray pattern order in the CC sequence so you'll have to manually select the order of these patterns - unfortunately I had already authored the pattern time lines when this became apparent! No big deal tho.

Ok, couple of other things to note.

Each pattern is displayed for 30 seconds only, therefore for some of you the pause button will become your best friend!

There are a coiple of reasons why this is.

1. Wasnt sure how big the disc would be once all patterns and sequences had been finalised.

2. Allows for future sequence upgrade, new pattern types and alternative software sequences additions, Chromapure for example.

3. Time is of the essence! As a taken man with a child ive been fortunate to have the time to create this disc as im currently on 3 months garden leave

Navigation.

Use the pop up menu whilst in sequence - this allows you to navigate to the main menu, calibration patterns menu, test patterns menu or any of the sequence options of your chosen pattern. Have a play and you'll see!

As an overview of what this disc contains, let me provide the details, as follows.

Pattern types.

1% windows and 1% APL

3% windows and 3% APL

7.5% windows and 7.5% APL

12% windows and 12% APL

Full Fields

All APL patterns have a constant 25% background.

Other sequences.

Dynamic Range

Grayscale including 2pt 30/80, 2pt 30/100, 10, 11, 21 and 23pt grayscale

Gamma Checker - 11 and 21pt

CMS - 25, 50, 75, 100

Colour Luminance - Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, White

20% Saturation steps for all primary and secondary colours

24pt 'Classic' colour checker

Testv Patterns - pretty straight forward, included a couple of my own - my own colour clipping patterns for one, and my 10pt channel checker pattern.

This pattern is used to determine how my contrast setting impacts my 10pt white balance settings.

DOWNLOADS

Blu Ray to DVD Version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4s6hw54uzer52j/CMDhd.zip?m

AVCHD Version - works with PS3, Panasonic Blu Ray Players
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0t1r8mlvq5hm00/CMD%20HD%20AVCHD.zip?m

Unzip and burn image with imgburn to a standard DVD. Unzipped filesize should be 1.04 GB.

No AVCHD or MP4 version available currently but this will be worked on.

Screen shots.

Thi is my first attempt with Adobe Encore and i must say its been bloody frustrating.

If you do find any issues then please be gentle! Feel free to let me know and i'll try to correct!

Its late here, been a long day, going to bed,

Would like to thank Alluringreality, Mascior and Visca for assisting me through this steep and lengthy learning curve,

Hope you enjoy, its my way to thank you for your help over the past year or so for a calibration novice like me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just downloaded & burned to disc. However, the Blueray Player keeps kicking back an incompatibility error.

I tried making the disc in DiscUtility & imgburn.

What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta-Boy  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23290450

I just downloaded & burned to disc. However, the Blueray Player keeps kicking back an incompatibility error.

I tried making the disc in DiscUtility & imgburn.

What did I do wrong?

What Blu Ray player do you have?

Did you unzip file first?

Did you try another disc?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have a PS3. I burnt the image file to a disc using Power Iso & it shows up as a data disc in the PS3. All you can do is browse the files structure & play the the mt2s files.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23291390

I have a PS3. I burnt the image file to a disc using Power Iso & it shows up as a data disc in the PS3. All you can do is browse the files structure & play the the mt2s files.

Youll probably need the avchd version of the disc to work in the ps3. The disc works fine in my denon 2500bt and my sony bdp380.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That's what I was thinking too. As I understand it, you haven't authored one yet, correct?

·
Registered
364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaa75  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23291395

Youll probably need the avchd version of the disc to work in the ps3.
Stated in the AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration compatibility list that the PS3 needs to use HDMV or AVCHD.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23291414

That's what I was thinking too. As I understand it, you haven't authored one yet, correct?

Correct but i am looking into it!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascior  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23290274

Looks great Neil! The menu layout is really easy to navigate. I will run through the disc some more over the next couple of days...take it for a test drive!
Looks good man...great job!

Thanks Ryan - hopefully is all; well!

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23291472

Stated in the AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration compatibility list that the PS3 needs to use HDMV or AVCHD.

Bummer... I only have a PS3. I'll have to wait for the compatible disk. Ah well, no rush.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Used it on a Panasonic BR player. No dice.

Extracted it 3 dif times

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AVCHD version will be dropping today - have tested on my phat PS3 with no problems, should also work on a Panansonic.

Aprpeciate your feedback once you have it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AVCHD download now added - see above

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaa75  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23289731

Unzip and burn image with imgburn to a standard DVD. Unzipped filesize should be 1.04 GB.
No AVCHD or MP4 version available currently but this will be worked on.

Might want to edit that part out

You may want to mention, that when you unzip the AVCHD download, to burn the CERTIFICATE, BDMV, AVCHDTN & multiAVCHD.log to the root of the blank DVD and not the BDRA folder you have on the root directory of the archive. Or you could re-zip the AVCHD folders directly, skipping the BDRA folder (and re-upload) so there's no confusion.

Had a quick play with the disk, only came across one thing worth mentioning. When you are looking at a 100% White pattern, you lose the pop-up menu selection marker as it's white on a white background. Here's a photo:

Not a deal breaker but just a minor thing I thought I should point out.

A job well done, I'm happy to add it to my collection.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by e08  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23295823

Might want to edit that part out

You may want to mention, that when you unzip the AVCHD download, to burn the CERTIFICATE, BDMV, AVCHDTN & multiAVCHD.log to the root of the blank DVD and not the BDRA folder you have on the root directory of the archive. Or you could re-zip the AVCHD folders directly, skipping the BDRA folder (and re-upload) so there's no confusion.

you just did!
Quote:
Had a quick play with the disk, only came across one thing worth mentioning. When you are looking at a 100% White pattern, you lose the pop-up menu selection marker as it's white on a white background. Here's a photo:

Not a deal breaker but just a minor thing I thought I should point out.

A job well done, I'm happy to add it to my collection.

Yep, im aware of that - not entirely sure how to get round this in encore. will look at a fix for the next revision.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaa75  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23295887

you just did!
On snap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaa75  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23295887

not entirely sure how to get round this in encore.
Is it possible to add a line under the current selection like this? (forgive the crude Paint edit)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by e08  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23295936

On snap!

Is it possible to add a line under the current selection like this? (forgive the crude Paint edit)

TBH as an Encore newbie, im not sure.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaa75  /t/1471757/cmd-hd-calibration-management-disc#post_23296205

TBH as an Encore newbie, im not sure.
I've only ever used Sony Vegas Pro for video editing and I've never authored a DVD / Blu-ray so I can't help, sorry :-/.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts