AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my first screenshot so members can determine if grey is for them. Details are on page 7 of the thread "A better grey screen".

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This screenshot is from my HTPC, not the Panny. You'll notice the SDE more. The colors are rich and satisfying without crushing the whites or blacks. Camera this time was on a tripod and slightly left of the projector.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is the Sanyo Z1. I was unaware grey paint had 'gain'. Do you know how to measure the 'gain'?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CMRA
Mine is the Sanyo Z1. I was unaware grey paint had 'gain'. Do you know how to measure the 'gain'?
I am not sure if paint has a gain either.

I was basically wondering is it less bright of a picture because it is a GREY paint.

Or is it bright like a regular white screen would be (comparable).

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
The way I have my UserCP setup there are only five pages on that thread. Can you be kind enough to give me the post number instead?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
What camera are you using? Those screen shots look stunning esp. considering I'm using the same PJ on a DDog screen
Olympus E100-RS, auto setting, ISO = 100

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems every distributor has a slightly different formula for Misty Evening. The enclosed photo leaves nothing to chance.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One screenshot does not a solution make. Same camera, same settings, same setup. Where's the blue?

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Spellbound
I am not sure if paint has a gain either.

I was basically wondering is it less bright of a picture because it is a GREY paint.

Or is it bright like a regular white screen would be (comparable).
What are the two of you talking about? When you say 'doesn't have a gain' are you saying a gain-equivalent of zero (0), or a gain-neutral of one (1)? I would imagine that a gain of zero would be a perfect non-reflective body that absorbs 100% of all EM striking it, or at least the portion of the EM spectrum that is visible.

Most paint manufacturers do not develop & manufacture paint for their image-projective properties, and as such don't see a need to measure, or at least release as usable data, gain. KBK is an anomaly.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone, I don't recall who requested 'non animated' screenshots. So, may I present Satine?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have yet to figure out how to post more than one screenshot at a time. Anyway, the lovely Nicole...

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...I took enough screenshots. Might as well post them.

I hope these screenshots convince forum members the faint bluish tint in the Misty Evening paint in no way will effect your viewing pleasure or compromise skin tones.

In fact, the only blue I detect is in her eyeballs.

·
Registered
24,920 Posts
I think if screen shot were the real way to decide anything you would have won me:D Very nice work ! You did mention one thing however , which is true and telling. You would likely never see and color differences that were objectionable with slight tinting of the screen in any intense color examples you have used but gray will show it big time ( sclera of Nicole's eyes)

Art

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
I think if screen shot were the real way to decide anything you would have won me:

Art
Thanks for the nice words. If you followed my earlier thread you'd notice screen shots can work against you also. Anyway, check out the whites in this chick's eyes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Are you all painting misty grey directly on the wall or on a diy screen? I would prefer to paint it directly on the wall. tell me what is best.

I live in an apartment and will be moving to a house in a year or less. So, I don't want to drop some coin on the screen I really want.

I've been searching for threads on what would be the best way to build a good screen. could someone point me in the right direction.

1 - 20 of 383 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.