AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
CNET states...

"To combat the issue of burn-in--see Performance for more details--Panasonic includes a screensaver that activates when the screen is left static for too long."

I'm not aware of this static image sensing capability that CNET is referring to. I have just recently purchased the 42PWD5UY and I can't find this feature documented.

Can anyone confirm this or is CNET confused?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I enjoyed the Cnet review, and agreed with everything it said about the Panny 42" screen, which I bought a month ago.

One question, though, regarding something they missed: is it there a setting on the Panny that lets you see more details in dark scenes? Even with contrast turned down, my screen still loses quite a bit of detail in these areas, which I noticed most recently on LOTR.

Note that I have not yet calibrated my screen, as I am awaiting shipment of my copy of Avia. Will that help this problem?

Spencercat

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Interestingly I once had a discussion on another forum with Kevin about plasma picture quality. He's contended that CRT based devices absolutely smoke plasmas. I've contended he hadn't seen the latest generation, properly setup plasmas or he couldn't possibly make a statement like that. This review appears to bring him closer to "reality". Just imagine, as good as this Panny is, if he had seen a modern 50" HD plasma like the Fujitsu, Pioneer or Panasonic for that matter!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.