AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I live midway between Sacramento and Fresno (70 miles to Walnut Grove towers, 89-140 miles to Fresno towers). As such I get many co-channels KTXL Fox 40 & KVPT Valley PBS 18 (rf 40). This can be a good thing, providing the ability to receive twice as many stations, but can also be bad, when the channels knock each other out. 

KTFK 64 (rf 26) has always been a VERY strong station, receivable for about 280 degrees of the 360 degree rotor spin. With KVBC-LP 13 (rf 26) starting test broadcasting (prepairing to go live on the 20th) I have seen the effects of co-channels can have. When KVBC-LP is on reception for KTFK is very narrow. KVBC-LP also has a VERY narrow reception range, and the signal strength is not nearly as strong as the 3 other 15KW LP stations (including rf 24, also test broadcasting) from Meadow Lakes. 

Is there anyone else on here that suffers these issues between Sacramento and Fresno stations?

Anyone have similar issue in other markets, or reception issues etc between mutliple markets??

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With KVBC finally on the air, from Meadow Lakes, KFTK barely comes in anymore. Both stations are very strong, and just about kill each other. Both take precise pointing to watch and KVBC requires a very directional antenna. Unfortunately, it seems so far, conditions might require rotation of the antenna by 15 degrees to pull it back in, and back to the original location later in the day. Fine for watching, but maybe not reliable for DVR. To soon to know yet, as it "officially" went on this morning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts