AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to play co-op Halo campaign with my brother via the internet a couple of time this week. Each time the game is unplayable because of lag issues. The action freezes for about a second, then moves for about a second, freezes again, moves again, etc. After getting frustrated with this, we both switched over to play Warhawk on PS3 (also via the internet), and it works fine. So I can only assume it is not an internet connection problem.

Any ideas????

Disclaimer: I am an equal opportunity gamer. I am not trying to bash Xbox or praise PS3. Just stating the facts of my current situation.

Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgonzomd /forum/post/12945350

I have tried to play co-op Halo campaign with my brother via the internet a couple of time this week. Each time the game is unplayable because of lag issues. The action freezes for about a second, then moves for about a second, freezes again, moves again, etc.

The couple of times I tried Halo3 in Co-Op mode right after it was released, I had the same issues.

I was looking for an excuse to play the game (I'm not a big Halo fan in general, but more or less I ended up picking up the game while wating for COD4 to be released) and in reality, the lack of getting the co-op to work decently was the dagger that killed what little interest I had in the game.

I've got a copy of the game that I'm about to take to GameStop and trade in..... if anyone's interested let me know. It's getting dusty sitting on the shelf.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I did co-op with Halo 3 when it first came out and didn't have a problem with lag.

Of course, there's been the Live problems recently... but other than that I'm not sure what to say about it as lag hasn't been much of a problem for me.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
i have played coop with friends and family in multiple locations in the US, never had a problem.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Never had a problem with lag in Halo 3 co-op. Chances are it is a limitation in your or your friend's upload bandwidth if neither of you has an issue with a game with a separate server.

Not much you can do about it, other than get a new ISP.

Actually, you could have the other guy try and host the game. I don't know if Halo picks the best host for co-op games or if it just goes with the guy who started the room. I suspect the host is the guy who started the room.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It happened when I hosted the game and when he hosted the game. He (my brother) found some stuff on the net about the problem. It may have to do with our routers. Here is the email he sent me:

there is a lot of info on this issue out on the net.

first step is to try this. be sure to setup a static IP address for your xbox first, then use that IP address in the instrux below. [URL='http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WNR834B/Xbox_Live_360.htm']http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netgear/WNR834B/Xbox_Live_360.htm[/URL]

also, note that for port 88 you can just select UDP instead of both.

let me know when you've done this and we'll try again. call me if any issues and i'll walk u thru it.[email]

I have not tried it yet, but will update you guys if it works.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
i figured it was the router or port the xbox uses, since the ps3 works fine and all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts