AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm [] this close to buying a set of Studio seats for my newly completed HT room.

I just have a question about them for owners.

How do u find the armrests in the reclined position? Are they in a good position? The only recliner we have at home is a lazyboy couch where the outer 2 seats recline, so the inboard arm doesn't have any armrest to rest on when reclined.

The studio's are a 'cushier' model over the showtimes, but the armrests look a bit higher. Do u rest your arms comfortably on them in the reclined or semi reclined positions?

Does anyone have pictures to post of adults in them in the reclined position?

My specs are 5'10" 190ish pounds.....

Thanks,

P

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Recliner comfort is pretty subjective but I can tell you we love our Studios. But keep in mind I haven't reclined in other brands of theater seats so I don't really know what I'm "missing".

I find I put my elbows on the arm rests most of the time (center chair). But I sometimes have them at my side, especially if I have a blanket (our basement theater can be chilly).

My wife says she usually has her arms at her side. You have to remember these seats are very roomy and there is plenty of room unless you are a large person.

I'm 5' 9" around 200. Attached are some "action" photos using the chair.

·
Registered
573 Posts
petee_c,

I'm also 5'10" and 190lbs. I've had seven of the Studio chairs in brown leather for four years. I am very comfortable in them. I can also say that we have two teenage daughters and they have had friends over many times for movies and these chairs look good as new (they do follow the rules). The springs in the foot rests are very strong and the girls can't push them down while seated. They have to get out and push them down.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congrats, they look good. Also, your photos are very nicely done. It's difficult to get good photos w/o glare from flashes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks,

I took up photography pretty seriously when I was in Highschool - I had my parent's basement bathroom converted into a B&W darkroom back in the day.

What's the best way to take the plastic protector off the legrests?

P

·
Registered
573 Posts
After over 4yrs, I still have the plastic on our legrests.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Here they are in brown. I'm now starting to re-design the moldings in the room. I've seen too many amazing rooms lately and I'm damn envious. I'm also wondering if I should change the colors. The Venetian Plaster on the walls would be a lot of work to change.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi,

Where did you guys buy these Coaster Studios - I am looking to buy 2 rows of three (total six) in a straight configuration? Do these have the "Wallaway" feature? If anyone can send dimensions of these?

Thanks!

Max

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1971 /forum/post/15733290

Hi,

Where did you guys buy these Coaster Studios - I am looking to buy 2 rows of three (total six) in a straight configuration? Do these have the "Wallaway" feature? If anyone can send dimensions of these?

Thanks!

Max

Got mine at http://www.carolinafurnituregroup.com/ , and would recommend them; or I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again in the future.

I think you will find sizes at that website. Mine are away from walls so I can't say for sure how much space is needed. My guess is just a few inches though. I can measure tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I bought my first set from a local dealer here in the Atlanta area. I believe Coaster has a distribution center here. I ordered them one day and they delivered them and set them up the next. That was for the front row. I bought the second row through an AVS powerbuy. Also, they are considered zero clearance chairs. When reclining, most of the chair slides forward and you could get them pretty close to a wall. Our second row is probably about three feet from the wall, but I do know they could be a lot closer.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1971 /forum/post/15733290

Hi,

Where did you guys buy these Coaster Studios - I am looking to buy 2 rows of three (total six) in a straight configuration?

Max

They don't come in a straight configuration from what I've seen, I wish they did

1 - 14 of 14 Posts