AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm also in the market for HT seating. Can you share with us where you're getting such a good deal?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I am not sure if this will work

but my local American store is advertising some home theater seats (3 to a row) with cupholders and everything for $688. Be warned though. I went to the store to check these out and you get what you pay for. The leather or pleather is nice quality but the cushion is lacking. I went to go sit down in the showtime series and they felt like lazy boys after sitting in these.

I still contemplated picking up a set because of the price and the "look" is what I am going for. I am sure a normal 2 hour movie would be fine in these seats.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Please don't buy the $688 seats. I was at American and jokingly told my wife that these were going in our theater and you should have seen the look on her face. I'd be embarassed to have anyone over.

Sit in the Berklines that American sells after sitting in the Showtime. I really wanted to make the Showtime work because of the price, but they are no match for the Berkline chairs.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The coaster showtime seats are miles above the seats posted above for $688! The showtime series is NOT what is posted above. The showtime series is actually pretty comfortable for the price. I am sure they are no Berklines, but for pennies of the cost they are fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a quick note. I also went to American to check out the $688 coaster seats. I was pretty excited about the price as I am looking for 2 rows of 3 seats. The sales woman said they were "Showtime seats", but they are not. They are not a leather seat and don't even come close to the real showtime seats. Don't waste your money. They do have Berklines there, which do look and feel great if you want a nicer chair. I think I am going to wait for the next AVS power buy to get my seats from Serge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.