AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been the unlucky recipient of having a lightning strike near my house and the resulting surge hit on the house. I now have a surge arrester installed that the electric company provides, but the only thing I haven't protected is the coax.

So my question to you all is how do you protect the coax cable? Do you use something like below?

http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/al-ffff.php

Ross

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
I know what that is like sorry about the lightning. That would be the best solution. If you don't already have a surge protector, you could get one and the coax protector as a combo if you need protection on the same circuit as your theater. Amplifiers are very sensitive to spikes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve.

Yeah I already have several surge protectors with coax (one for the TV and one for the cable modem). That strike blew hit the cable modem (and most of the devices plugged into that surge protector); luckily the TV wasn't hit. I've since replaced all of those surge protectors, but I'd feel more comfortable with something else.

I'll be purchasing one of those now and that will hopefully help me out (for some reason my neighborhood attracts lightning.

Ross

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.