AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an HTPC hooked up to a TV using HDMI. I also have an old TV (not Hi-Def) out in the garage that has coaxial cable running to it from where the HTPC is located, that previously got its signal from the coax output on the cable box. I want to be able to send output from the HTPC to this second TV over the existing run. I do not need to be able to watch both at the same time, nor do I need to control the HTPC from the second TV, nor does it need to be Hi-Def.

Appreciate your help, I've been beating my head against the wall on this one.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Too much trouble, imho. You'd need a way to output analog (Composite/S-Video) signal then run that (and RCA audio) through an RF modulator such as this .

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I bought a new TV because my old 27" set didn't have any video jacks. New TV has HDMI, much easier to hook up
If you want to do this you will need a dual display video card that has composite video out, then go through a RF modulator. You will also need a way to control the PC from the other room.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help. Indeed, a lot of trouble to go through just to be able to watch tv in the garage/workshop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts