AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've recently bought myself a Samsung 42" plasma, and I love it, it's a beautiful TV. However, I did buy it on a very tight budget so it's bottom of the range.

I can live with all of it's shortcomings, even with it only being "HD Ready", but there's one thing that killing me: Glare.

In the middle of the day, I can't see a damn thing on it, without shutting all of the curtains, and even then I can see crystal clear reflections of everything in my kitchen.

So I've done a little digging and found these things called "TV Shields" by a company called Cocoon, but I can't find ANY reviews online about them, and I want to know if they are actually any good at glare/reflection reduction.

Has anyone had experience with one of these? Are there any other solutions out there I should be considering?

Thanks all

Dave

·
Registered
426 Posts
Forget the gimmicks. If recently purchased and glare is hurting your viewing that much then try a matte screen lcd. I would recommend you return it and try a Sony ex500 or since you state a low end unit try the Sony BX420.

·
Registered
16,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebernazz
Forget the gimmicks. If recently purchased and glare is hurting your viewing that much then try a matte screen lcd. I would recommend you return it and try a Sony ex500 or since you state a low end unit try the Sony BX420.
I would have a tendency to agree with that. The more gimmicks you buy to better your viewing the worse it will probably be. So what if glare is reduced somewhat, now you have some sort of "bra" or whatever around your tv. No tv is perfect, plasma, lcd, led, they all have their pros and cons. If you're on a budget, it sounds like you will be keeping this set for awhile so I'd buy something that you can live with without additional equipment. I have an LCD with a matte screen and glare/reflection is virtually non-existent (at least in my environment).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts