AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am running the demo disc on the xbox & not 360 and it's probably not in 480p or better but the Call of Duty movie looks about the same as band of brothers graphically. I sure as hell hope this isn't what the 360 graphics are going to look like....

·
Registered
270 Posts
COD2 isn't one of the most visually impressive X360 games. It's more about on-screen action, scale and immersion. Really, there is a lot going on in this game going on at a given time.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Not to worry Dean. I've seen a couple of 360 demos on the OXM disks and they don't translate well. It will look great, it's an improved port of the PC version which looks very nice. And bocmir is right, when you hear, see and immerse yourself in the action, you'll know what they're purpose is. There was an 8 minute E3 video I had posted (I'll look it up) which looked awesome.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
yea, if you played the PC COD and CODUO you know this game is gonna be awesome...I can't wait!!

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstiller
personally i thoguth it looked great. It seemed so chaotic and immersive. My wife was cringing when we watched it ha ha.
I guess if you haven't played PC games lately or at least the COD version on the PC I can see how you might, otherwise it looks muddy, blurry and not very detailed.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Did you ever get to watch the HD video download of COD 2 that was posted a while back?

The OXM video doesn't do it justice. The HD Download looked impressive.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villanman
Did you ever get to watch the HD video download of COD 2 that was posted a while back?

The OXM video doesn't do it justice. The HD Download looked impressive.
I did see that but I wasn't sure if that was from the PC version or how relaible it would be for an Xbox 360 title.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Martin
I did see that but I wasn't sure if that was from the PC version or how relaible it would be for an Xbox 360 title.
The file said "Call of Duty 2 E3 2005 Xbox 360 Video". If anything they are implying thats what it supposed to look like.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
OXM discs are terrible at representing graphics through trailers. Download the HD feeds posted online for a good idea of what it'll actually look like.

-JR

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Dean, have you seen the North African camcorder footage?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Can someone post a link to the camcorder footage? I've heard about it, but would like to see it.

Ten minutes of searching turned up nothing.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I don't have it here Tabasco. If I can, I'll post it later when I get home; or get you a link.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have to agree that the demo in OXM looked like a xbox game and not a 360 game. If fact I had to check to see if it wasnt the xbox version. Now I know this wasnt in 720p or 1080i but to me it didnt look anywhere near the screenshots that are shown everywhere. I am hoping this is a very early build but you would think they wouldnt want to show crappy videos like this so posts like these wouldnt get started. Oh well we will see in a couple months. LATER

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Dang guys, I have the video but I don't have enough storage with Comcast to upload it. Hehe, it's 80MB's. I tried to find a link for it, but they're all dead ATM. If anyone can host it, I'll upload it.

Sorry

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothru22
Use yousendit.com or rapidshare.com to upload the video.

Cool, I'm uploading them now to rapidshare.

Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.