Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haven't played COD:BO in 3D.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have heard quite a bit about COD:BO 3D being better on the 360 than PS3. If you've played on either system - or both - please answer the poll with your findings.

Currently own PS3, but considering the 360 if performance really is better with COD:BO 3D.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah but IGN gives everything to the 360 (until it comes down to the Game of the Year awards anyways). They also said that playing it in 3d wasn't worth it on either system... that's obviously not the case.

I've played Black Ops on PS3 quite a bit in 3d and haven't noticed any framerate issues or bugs mentioned in any of the reviews. I can't imagine the differences being to the extent where it's worth it to go buy another system. I also think that Killzone 3 and Crysis 2 will be significantly better for 3d since they were designed for it from the ground up... might be worth it to base your system purchasing decision after a few games come out, not just COD.

The interface for the PS3 3d is significantly better than the xbox though. Launch the game and you're automatically in 3d mode... instead of launching the game, going through the game settings to set SBS, changing your TV to SBS, etc.

This poll is going to be useless in the end though since it'll just depend on whether more 360 or PS3 folk see it and comment on it. My advice - buy it for the system with the controller that you prefer.

·
Registered
17,105 Posts
After that in depth head to head comparison that was linked in the 3d thread for this game, the 360 seems like the way to go all else being equal.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have both, because I first bought for ps3 for the 3d, but my friends play xbox. So I got xbox. 2d I think xbox has faster refresh, less lag, but about the same. 3d is better on ps3 I think, but the I have component only xbox doing sbs. Xbox does 1080i sbs, whereas ps3 does 720p in 3d. The most annoying part isn't the visual, it's the ps3 controller that sucks. Their r1l1 and r2l2 isn't dsigned for gaming, your finger slips off them too easily. And their Analog sticks are also not meant for serious gaming. Your finger slips off. Hands down, serious gamers, xbox. Although, I did go higher on zombie level on ps3 than xbox.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I went for the PS3 version because to my eyes Top/Bottom 3D looks better than Side By Side; I also liked the seamlessness of the PS3 version: start the game, turn on the glasses and you're good to go; no need to fiddle with the TV's 3D settings.

I do want to try the 360 version at some point; maybe when it drops a bit in price.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have both a ps3 and a 360 but have only played the game on the 360. It looks great in both 3D and 2D. Looking forward to my CrystalEyes 5s arriving this week to see how those perform.

I have a few friends that have played both versions and they claim the 360 looks and plays better.

BTW, I didn't think 3D would work on the 360 unless you had a newer system using HDMI. That's what I'm using but it seems like others are saying they're doing 3D over component.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have both systems but bought Xbox360 version so I cannot compare. I also bought NBA-2K11 in 3D for PS3 and when I asked the saleslady at Best Buy if they had Xbox version she said "Only PS3 has 3D games not Xbox". I got so upset that I said "Bull S**t" for which I apologized. I explained I played Avatar and just finished CofD on Xbox360 in 3D. She still did not believe me. I think they should put 3D on the box when applicable.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 /forum/post/19508713

I have both systems but bought Xbox360 version so I cannot compare. I also bought NBA-2K11 in 3D for PS3 and when I asked the saleslady at Best Buy if they had Xbox version she said "Only PS3 has 3D games not Xbox". I got so upset that I said "Bull S**t" for which I apologized. I explained I played Avatar and just finished CofD on Xbox360 in 3D. She still did not believe me. I think they should put 3D on the box when applicable.

NBA 2K11 3D release is exclusive to the the PS3 and Best Buy. There will be a PS3 patch coming down the road for the regular version. Also, NFS Hot Pursuit is 3D exclusive to the PS3 and PC.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have played quite a bit of black ops in 3d on my 360. I think it looks great and have seen no issues. Unfortunately i do not have a ps3 to compare to.

I also very much agree that you should buy for the system that has the controller you like bettter. I can not stand FPS on the ps3 controller.

·
Registered
444 Posts
COD: BO was designed for 3D. It's not just tacked on, thank goodness. That being said I have the Xbox 360 version and play in 3D and think it's awesome. The only real perk with the PS3 version is the auto detect so you don't have to select it in the menu but other than that, both seem to be great with the xbox 360 version being a wee bit better in both 2D and 3D. Although I doubt most of us gamers including myself would notice.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I still have not checked this out yet. I really need to get over to Redbox and rent it at the very least. I'm not really into the military shooters (prefer stuff like Fallout and Bioshock), but I still need to peep this out. I have both a 360 and PS3, but I guess I'll rent it on 360 based on what I've heard. I assumed the PS3 version would look much better (because of the TnB), but I'm guessing that since the game engine was originally designed with the 360 as the lead platform, it's just going to perform better on the 360.

I only know of a couple of multiplats that are better on PS3 (Burnout Paradise is one of em). Unfortunately for PS3 owners, most of the developers still lead on 360, so the 360 versions are just going to end up being "smoother" with frame rates, etc.etc.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Where is the PC polling?

Real gamers play PC version.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have PS3 and 360. I bought the 360 version first because I want to prove by myself if really the Xbox Live its better than PSN. And to be honest its the same; have same Xbox Live have same laggies as PSN. About 3D I wasnt impressed on this game for 3D. I want toe exchange my 360 version to the PS3 version. Most of my friends are on PSN; and for all my tests; PSN and XBox Live its the same in terms of performance; laggies; network issues; etc.... I have to rent this game for PS3 to do my own tests. But if someone is interested in this game for 360 Im selling it for $50; like new; no scratches and I havent used the coupon it came on the box.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts