AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to search but came up with nothing useful. I have 2 PS3's connected in my home. One is hard wired with portforwarding and the other is connected wirelessly DMZ to my Verizon Fios issued wireless router. My bro-in-law attempted to play COD5 online from each PS3. Yes, we used two separate legit copies. While they could both join and play in separate matches, they could not be in the same team death match game. they are using different users on each PS3. Any advice or explainations would be greatly appreciated. Whenever I would sent and invite he would receive it. He would accept then the connection would time out. It did the same thing when he invited me. We even tried to have a third person invite both of us. One of us could get in and the other couldn't. We could play Team Deathmatch online at the same time but just not in the same game. What is the deal?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
seems odd. but i'm guessing it's an IP address kind of issue. it's probably seeing the same IP address twice and doesn't know what to do with it.

but i could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Configure port TRIGGERING (not forwarding) on your router for the ps3 ports.

From wikipedia...

Port triggering is a way to automate port forwarding in which outbound traffic on predetermined ports ('triggering ports') causes inbound traffic to specific incoming ports to be dynamically forwarded to the initiating host, while the outbound ports are in use. This allows computers behind a NAT-enabled router on a local network to provide services that would normally require the computer to have a fixed address on the local network. Port triggering triggers an open incoming port when a client on the local network makes an outgoing connection on a predetermined port or range of ports.

This is not a 100% foolproof method, but it works MOST of the time in my multi-ps3 environment.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i have a netgear wireless N gigabit router (can't remember the exact model #)

but i have 3 ps3's all hard wired now (one used to be wireless) and am able to play cod [email protected] with all of us online in the same game. here are the ports i am forwarding/triggering.

i believe i got those port numbers off of the porforwarding website for the PSN network.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Turn off DMZ, turn off port forwarding. I use two PS3s on my network fine, don't have to do anything special.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts