AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you skip the cut scenes in COD3. The ones where it is game footage of your guys talking and the narrator ones showing the maps, etc. They are boring the heck out of me and if you save early, when you continue your game you have to watch it again. HELP!

·
Registered
9,460 Posts

I ran into the same da*n problem. I tried every button and nothing works.

I haven't tried combinations with buttons

·
Registered
116 Posts
Treyarch put very little effort into this title. First you could not get online without a struggle, can't skip cut scenes, then they release maps that don't download correctly. Laziest developer of the year.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
COD3 was fun but disappointing.

The plot really stunk. The cutscences added nothing. I felt embarrased watching them. They were cheesy rips-offs of every WW2 movie you have ever seen. Also, there was no signiture mission lke the Stalingrad mission or Reichstage mission from COD2 or the Normandy landing from COD1. Without a mission like these, the game just seemed average.

·
Registered
855 Posts
It seems many are not aware but I'll shed some light on this. It turns out the reason behind the cutscenes is simply for the disc to load, which is why you can't skip it. Whether or not you'd prefer Now Loading... or a lame story depends on you. I'm just glad I completed Veteran long ago so I don't have to go through the lame single player campaign ever again. Speaking of loading, I hate the fact that when you enter into multi-player you see Now Loading across the screen then after that the CoD3 logo on the lower right hand corner also indicating Now Loading.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR /forum/post/0

How do you skip the cut scenes in COD3. The ones where it is game footage of your guys talking and the narrator ones showing the maps, etc. They are boring the heck out of me and if you save early, when you continue your game you have to watch it again. HELP!

I found these less annoying than the ones in GoW, but that may just be me.

-JR

·
Registered
115 Posts
I didn't mind the ones where the narrator was talking about the maps, I hated the cutscenes, they sucked. WWII is my favorite subject in history so I liked the map ones. I do have to agree that the campaign was lacking, it was simply you running off doing missions without much intro as to how you started there. Buts its not the campaign I like, I love the multiplayer. I own online. I'm the guy that has like 60 kills and 10 deaths. Anyway, yeah can't skip the crappy cut scenes.

·
Banned
721 Posts
best cutscenes in a game ever: Resident Evil 1. Who can forget these classics? -

1. What happened to Jill and Whesker? I'm sorry but he's probably.... NO!

2. What ISSS this? Blood! I hope this isn't Jill's blood!

3. You were almost a Jill sandwich! HE HE You're right!

4. Jill, the master of all lockpickers, take this lockpick

Oh the memories of the great weed and resident evil sessions from my childhood.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR6AGB001 /forum/post/0

It seems many are not aware but I'll shed some light on this. It turns out the reason behind the cutscenes is simply for the disc to load, which is why you can't skip it. Whether or not you'd prefer Now Loading... or a lame story depends on you. I'm just glad I completed Veteran long ago so I don't have to go through the lame single player campaign ever again. Speaking of loading, I hate the fact that when you enter into multi-player you see Now Loading across the screen then after that the CoD3 logo on the lower right hand corner also indicating Now Loading.

Whats funny is I watched something where they made a big deal about the cut scenes being used as the loading screen so it would all be seamless and you would never see a loading screen. But what we actually get is the lame cutscene loading areas AND the big black screen loading\\saving screens.

This game had some of the most annoying\ ake you out of the action cut scenes of any game I think I have ever played. If it wasnt for those I may have liked this game better like I liked COD2. Heck Lost Planets had LONGER cutscens but they were still less annoying just due to their placement and pacing in the game.

·
Registered
32,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR6AGB001 /forum/post/0

They might do this when it is loading, but there is no way it is taking that long to load the game. In addition, they should let you skip cut scenes where it is not loading. For example, you are forced to watch a LONG cut scene, then when the cut scene is done, it goes to a black screen that says loading. Also, I had to watch one cut scene, then when it faded out, another cut scene came up. I mean come on its ridiculous. Heck, Quake 4 would let you skip the beginning but only when the game was done loading, if you tried to early you got a message at the bottom that said please wait, loading. Why couldn't COD do that, let you skip the cut scene but if you try to soon you get the overlay message stating to please wait, loading. Then when it was done you could skip. Its stupid to force people to sit and watch a lame cut scene.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.