AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering what could be causing this issue I'm experiencing. I just got home from a ski trip and loaded up cod4 to play online. When each map starts to load it takes forever to load if it ever does. I've only been able to play maybe 3 rounds out of 5 hours of trying each time it freezes on the map load screen. Getting pretty sick of all these issues with cod4 definitly can't wait to get ut3 and haze when it comes out. But any suggestions would be very helpful.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah it freezes for me also. Not as much as you, but enough to annoy me. Also, UT3 is out and IMO COD4 is way better.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I suggest you rent UT3 first

·
Registered
464 Posts
There was a night a week or two ago when most of my matches were hanging at the map loading screen and then eventually dumping back to the lobby after several minutes. I haven't seen that since, but you might be encountering server problems.

I've also had one total freeze during online play where I had to reset the PS3, and one case where I got dumped back out to the XMB in the middle of the match. Usually hasn't been that bad, though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys thanks for all the feedback, atleast for now it seems to be fine. I finally cleaned the disk after researching everything but so far that seemed to have worked, there was some finger prints on the surface of the disk. I would have thought something like that would have kept the disk from even starting but I guess the prints could have just been in the right place to stop maps from loading. But so far so good, so if your having the same issue chk the disk and clean it gently. Thanks once again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts