AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see the answer to this in my search so...

I just got this game last week. Upon loading it up it says I need to install an update (i'm assuming this is for new maps or something?)

If i accept this it attempts to update and then craps out. The furthest it's gotten is to 4% before it dies and gives me an error message with some random error #. I can choose to cancel out of this option and go ahead and play, but was wondering if anyone had any insight or solutions to this problem.

FWIW, my WiFi connection is operating normally and I'm on 2.36

thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
This happened to me also. I had to go into my game saves and, I believe it's the top folder, where updates are stored. I deleted the COD4 update, NOT I repeat NOT my game saves. Then I was asked to update again and it worked. Give it a shot but I might wait a bit as there's bound to be lots of traffic with the 2.41 update release.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSirReal /forum/post/14244777

This happened to me also. I had to go into my game saves and, I believe it's the top folder, where updates are stored. I deleted the COD4 update, NOT I repeat NOT my game saves. Then I was asked to update again and it worked. Give it a shot but I might wait a bit as there's bound to be lots of traffic with the 2.41 update release.

Hope this helps.

wired works much better than wireless. and yes i would delete the old files...

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you were trying to play multi-player, it (the PS3) will force you to upgrade its firmware to the current version (which is 2.41 as of now). Otherwise DJSirReal has probably nailed the issue and the solution for you.

The problem you are describing seems like the problem other users have reported regarding downloading various firmware update, I think there are a number of threads about that.

Good luck and enjoy COD4!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the tips i will try them tonight.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
PS it's just a game update - doesn't add any new maps, only fixes a few bugs.

Though if you want to play online you will also need to update your PS3's firmware.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ correct re: the game update. In any case when i tried it last night it worked fine.

I'm still going to wait for the 2.41 thing to shake out entirely before i install it. I'm still reading too many reports of sluggishness, freezing, crashes, etc. I'm still going through the single player campaign anyway. I'll start the online madness once i finish!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts