AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RCA RCRP05B remote and I am trying to program it to control a new HTIB (Blu Ray and Audio combo). It worked on my previous HTIB, but this is a different brand. The HTIB is Sony BDV-E390. None of the Sony codes I've tried so far are working. The search code function isn't working either. The search function can turn the HTIB off, but not back on again. Does anyone have a code or suggestion?

Thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
527 Posts
I expect that setup code Audio 1622 or 1822 to work most functions. If those don't work, try Audio 2172. But we really do expect the first two codes to work. Many Sony receivers can be setup to accept IR signals of type AV1 or AV2. Perhaps the E390 does also. Check your owners manual, and try both IDs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response and advice. I tried all three codes and all I was able to accomplish was power on/off, no other functions. Any other advice?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Sony DVD code didn't work either. I am considering returning the current Blu Ray HTIB. Would a different model by Sony make a difference? I am considering buying a newer model, but found the current one on sale. How about a different manufacturer? Our old HTIB was Samsung and that used to work with the RCA remote.

·
Registered
527 Posts
In some Sony Combo systems, the DVD functions are on setup code Audio 1758 or 1858. Are you sure that the volume/mute controls aren't working? Please check that the Audio LED lights up when your press the volume buttons. If not we need to change the volume punchthrough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help. I ended up using the learning function and manually programmed the remote. One item I'm struggling with now is trying to figure out how to program the input function so I can toggle between TV>BD>FM etc. Previously I had this set up with pressing the TV button then input and it would allow me to toggle between. How do I set this up again?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured it out. Just needed to manually program the source button on the TV remote for the RCA TV input buttong. Looks like I'm all set. Whew!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts