AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to search but have been unsuccessful.

Does anyone have a connection/suggestion for getting a Coca Cola glass front cooler? Would like to stay away from the college dorm refrigerator look if possible. Don't want to spring $3000 for a refurbished antique. I can't find anything anywhere...help please!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Check out old mom and pop convenience stores, especially those off the beaten path,and make them an offer. I speak from personal experience. My dad, who has no appreciation for the antique world, sold his classic (ie worth 3000), WORKING, 10 cent coke machine (which had sat unplugged in the corner of the store for over 10 years) to a college student for 25 bucks. He never asked any of his four kids if they wanted it. I could have killed him. Many times these units were supplied by Coca cola to sell their product. You might get lucky and be able to find even a non working one and take it to a refrigeration man to fix it.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Also call the local Coca Cola place to see where you might be able to get your hands on one. Another thought would be to check stores going out of business and selling their fixtures.

Lots of good ideas on this thread.

Pam

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
PC,

Very nice Pepsi cooler. I've been into the 50's soda machines, juke boxes, pinballs, etc for a while. I'm fairly new to the home theater stuff.

Pat

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check the K-mart's that they are closing. I got a TON of shelving (most of the automotive section) but they also had all the coolers and snack bar equipment for sale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pat, those are extremely cool Pepsi and Coke machines.

How long does it take to find items like that at reasonable (whatever that may be) prices?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
David,

Thanks. I bought both of these at local auctions. The Pepsi machine only paid $15 for. It functioned fine but I had to strip it down and repaint it. The Coke machine I got for $250 in the condition that it is in, which is very good. It also worked fine. I used to go to a lot of local auctions looking for neat stuff like this but now have a 3 and 5 year old at home so I don't do it much any more. Occasionally you'll see a good deal on Ebay but you have to consider shipping or only look at stuff that is within driving distance.

Pat

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
MAN,all your solutions are awesome...i can tell you from experience though,that kmart was a bust..alot of the ones i went to in the chicago area decided not to seel therepopcorn machines,and other stuff like that..the fridge coolers i couldn't comment on..$15,DAMN that is amazing..this thread proves once again why i love this hobby.

brickie

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hey guys,

Thought I'd chime in since I'm a sales manager at the Coca Cola Staten Island Sales center. I can tell you that we definitley DO NOT sell our coolers. All of our coolers are loaned to stores with the intent that they sign a contract stating that they only sell Coca Cola products in our coolers. Most of the coolers you see for sale on Ebay are stolen property. Coca Cola needs a better (and faster) system to get coolers out of stores when contracts are broken. If you buy one on ebay, save some documentation showing that you made your purchase on Ebay and from whom. All Coca Cola coolers are trackable through serial numbers hidden in several different places on the cooler. The coolers cost us anywhere from $600 to $4000 and are being sold on ebay for a fraction of that. We've been cracking down lately with a new security VP at the helm to cut OPEX and losses so be careful guys.

Herm

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Herm,

That is kind of scary... Do you know if there are there any after-market vendors that are licensed to re-label or add Coca Cola signage to their coolers? I like the look of some of the Avanti glass front wine coolers but I don't think they are set up to cool to the temp of theater ready Diet Coke.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Wow, Herm!

I had no clue - makes you even more wary of going the eBay way...

Pam

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bentson
Herm,

That is kind of scary... Do you know if there are there any after-market vendors that are licensed to re-label or add Coca Cola signage to their coolers? I like the look of some of the Avanti glass front wine coolers but I don't think they are set up to cool to the temp of theater ready Diet Coke.

With the strict licensing policies for many companies, I doubt that Coke would license their logo for application to an after-market cooler/fridge. I believe that the issue would be that stores could put non Coke products into this cooler which creates confusion for the customer (a big marketing no-no). However, you may be able to buy a generic cooler/fridge (like one in the link sullpied by pcdoctor) and apply a Coke logo to it (stirctly for personal use).

adam

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone used a glass front wine cooler for a fridge? I saw an Avanti brand at SAM's last weekend. That is a good brand and the shelves look like they would be adjustable for cans or 2-liters. The coke coolers are neat but hard to find.

Merle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.