AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local station says CBS is not sending them the HD feed after the football game. WTF? Is this happening nationwide?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sunday night programming is never in HD in Atlanta if the football game runs late. They do not have the equipment to tape delay the HD feed from the network.

Maybe your station has the same problem.

·
Registered
676 Posts
No Cold Case HD in Sioux Falls and I called to see if they"flipped the switch" No late football as CBS did not have late game here. 8;00 movie just started with no HD either.

Boy am I glad I have all this great equipemnt so I can get SD TV. BTW, no Fox HD here at all and now the digital signal is down so I guess world series in analog.

GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
No HD from either Louisville or Lexington, KY tonight. Guess they were too busy watching the WS ;) Sad that they would throw in the towel like that, especially since I usually ignore games 1-3 of the series. :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
I also live in Central Fl. A few minutes into the show, it switched to HD for just a few seconds then back to SD. When it was in HD, it almost started from the beginning of the show.

Also, football was not in HD here either.

Don

·
Registered
377 Posts
No HD in Baltimore.

The national CBS games was Jets-Patriots. I think the game ran late causing the national HD feed to start late. Ironically, the markets that did not run a 4:00 p.m. game started Cold Case on time and could not air the HD feed which was forced to start late due to football.

Scott

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott R. Scherr
The national CBS games was Jets-Patriots. I think the game ran late causing the national HD feed to start late. Ironically, the markets that did not run a 4:00 p.m. game started Cold Case on time and could not air the HD feed which was forced to start late due to football.
Ahh ... a logical explaination at least ;) That happened a few times last year too ... As I recall, I eventually gave up on CBS Sunday evenings for the duration of the NFL season.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by HDTVChallenged
Ahh ... a logical explaination at least ;) That happened a few times last year too ... As I recall, I eventually gave up on CBS Sunday evenings for the duration of the NFL season.
Yeah, it's starting to look that way for me also. Maybe I'll catch the reruns in the spring.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott R. Scherr
No HD in Baltimore.

Scott
Nope, game was over at 7 and then 60 minutes was on...

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Watson
60 minutes started 2 minutes late.
Well, my bad then...IN either case, WUSA, still showed it in HD.

Edited to Calrify that IT=Cold Case not 60 Minutes.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeInNVa
Well, my bad then...IN either case, WUSA, still showed it in HD.
60 Minutes, Cold Case, and the CBS movie all started 2 minutes late and the last two were also in HD here.

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wdcoy
I also live in Central Fl. A few minutes into the show, it switched to HD for just a few seconds then back to SD. When it was in HD, it almost started from the beginning of the show.

Also, football was not in HD here either.

Don
Exactly the same in Huntsville.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
As mentioned earlier, when a football game, for example, runs over, the local channel has to "tape" whatever the network sends them. In this case, CBS sends Cold Case at 8:00pm regardless, right ?? Whether a game runs over by 2 minutes or 20 minutes, this "equipment" is still needed. I'm guessing that's a high-dollar item and until HD becomes the norm, many stations won't be in a hurry to invest in it. They can always use the excuse that "CBS didn't send the HD feed this time" and 95% of viewers will believe that.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hall
As mentioned earlier, when a football game, for example, runs over, the local channel has to "tape" whatever the network sends them. In this case, CBS sends Cold Case at 8:00pm regardless, right ?? Whether a game runs over by 2 minutes or 20 minutes, this "equipment" is still needed. I'm guessing that's a high-dollar item and until HD becomes the norm, many stations won't be in a hurry to invest in it. They can always use the excuse that "CBS didn't send the HD feed this time" and 95% of viewers will believe that.
My local CBS station does not have the ability to time shift the HD feed. This time CBS network delayed the HD feed by 2 minutes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Regardless of whether the NFL game runs over or not, the CBS primetime programming is shown in HD. At least that's the case with my local CBS station in Augusta. The main issue I have is that they have not been switching over to the HD feed on the NFL games on Sundays for the past month or so. They got it right yesterday even though it was a late switch. I guess they got tired of my complaining every Sunday:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.