AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Cold Case tonight off of CBS and thought the HD picture was just fabulous. It had great contrast and the detail was excellent. I thought the show was good but I love true crime documentaries like the real cold case files on A&E. Tonight's episode was pretty much a rip-off of the Martha Moxley murder and I bet we can expect alot of the episodes to mirror real life murders. If they can keep us this level of HD picture quality then this show is the best I have ever seen after viewing tonight's premiere episode. Hopefully the stories will get a little bit better.

Mike

·
Registered
778 Posts
On WJZ Baltimore, commercials kept interrupting the story to the point where it became hilarious. Sometimes the timing was messed up on both NTSC and HD, other times just the HD. The bad guy reminded me so much of our Governor, it was eerie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here in Ft. Lauderdale we started out HD and flipped to SD midway through the broadcast.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
It looked awesome like most CBS dramas.

The detail was almost too good, it looked like she was wearing the wrong lipstick (they were trying to make squinty eyes more subdued but she had that hooker red lipstick)

The scene at the end with the rain is why I never watch these shows much. Come on Bruckenhemier, you can do better than that.

Doug

·
Registered
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Doug Schiller
The scene at the end with the rain is why I never watch these shows much. Come on Bruckenhemier, you can do better than that.

Doug
My thoughts exactly!!! I was just thinking: "Did they have to get that cheesy?" But pilot shows are usually pretty akward.

Otherwise it was a decent show. I'll check it out next week to make a better judgment.

CFC

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
CBS took the unusual step of sending three episodes of "Cold Case", as opposed to the usual pilot only.

The SF Chronicle TV reviewer said the show gets better in subsequent episodes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I enjoyed the show, although I felt like I had already seen the whole thing due to the insane amount of commercials run over the summer. The picture quality and contrast levels were gorgeous, and fit the show perfectly.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The picture was outstanding. Some of the outdoor shots, like the scene in the street where the lead actress is talking to the victims mother, were incredible. Love this HDTV thing.

As for the show...what got me the most was the premise of the whole thing. I thought this woman that came forward knew something new. All she said was I saw someone kill her. And that is the justification to open the case? That seemed real weak...like the rest of the story...but as long as it is in HD, and the Simpsons are not on yet..I'll be watching.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The lead actress had a big zit just under her mouth to the left that was covered up with a gob of makup. Sometimes HD has a bit too much detail!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Ditto on PQ in Portland, it's the deepest blacks I have ever scene from my DLP prjector, just awesome.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh, right - ditto on Marissadad's ditto on PQ in Portland. It really was some high-quality HD. I just got fixated on the make-up job.

·
Registered
66 Posts
wjz was having issues, I ended up watching Wusa out of DC, and was impressed with the PQ, and enjoyed the story line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.