AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Japanese horror\\drama thriller is getting a limited stateside release. Written and directed by Shion Sono.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Definitely worth a watch! It takes a bit to get going but once it does it really gets going. Blood, guts, breasts, love, hate, revenge, deviant sexual interludes and much more are explored and exploited in "Cold Fish". This is a gem of a movie by Shion Sono (" Suicide Club " & " Love Exposure "), one you don't want to miss. Great choice for October horror-fest.

"Cold Fish" is loosely based on the real life 1993 murders that became known as the Saitama serial murders of dog lovers. The murder cases involved dog-breeder Gen Sekine and (ex)wife Hiroko Kazama who murdered & dismembered four people including a disgruntled client.

USA release is 23 Aug but available now from Amazon UK as well as many other online retailers.

Highly Recommended!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The actual title is Cold Tropical Fish, sort of an irony.

It was a bit longer than your typical horror flicks. Sex and gore at its finest.

Warning: not for the squeamish.

I'll try to catch Love Exposure another time but enjoyed the earlier Suicide Club.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
This is on my October list, looking forward to it! I have it on my amazon wishlist for VOD but when I searched for it on amazon through my bluray player the title did not come up. Hopefully it wont be hard to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts