AVS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 652 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
4 .

I'm going to sell my 2 ds4s to Jared and (only ) lol run the 4 v3s up front

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
No! What? I didn't recommend that you do the submaximus so you would get rid of the full martys in the rear. I think you should do 4 submaximuses and two full martys in the rear or some mbms or something else. I like spending other people's money.

@Jk7.2 - what are you doing with the two DS4s? I've been thinking of replacing my two SVS PB12-NSDs with a full/mini marty in the rear. My wife's going to go crazy if I start another subwoofer build though. I keep telling her, "these 1099s are it and I'm done; wait, no these front Cyclopses are it, no more; wait I need some MBMs, but nothing else; these Titans are the last ones, I swear." She now just begrudgingly pencils in Saturdays for speaker builds. Lol.
I'm planning two more martys up front. I tore out my IB box so I have the room. I keep telling my wife the same thing. "This is it babe! No more speakers!" As I'm posting my gear in the classifieds. Lol. My new projector is in, just got my oppo 203, titans are on the way, so I had to up my subwoofer game!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm planning two more martys up front. I tore out my IB box so I have the room. I keep telling my wife the same thing. "This is it babe! No more speakers!" As I'm posting my gear in the classifieds. Lol. My new projector is in, just got my oppo 203, titans are on the way, so I had to up my subwoofer game!
I guess when I was over at your place I was thinking "man, all this place needs is more bass, perhaps two more martys." Lol. I did not actually think that. You are going to have more bass than you know what to do with.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Well guys, at least I guess the 6 will last longer than the 4. Because I'll not be pushing them too hard. But I will when I want to :) Lucky my wife is cool with my hobby. She didn't even mind the gtg. I am looking forward to another hosting opportunity.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well guys, at least I guess the 6 will last longer than the 4. Because I'll not be pushing them too hard. But I will when I want to :) Lucky my wife is cool with my hobby. She didn't even mind the gtg. I am looking forward to another hosting opportunity.

I always tell my wife, "It's better than whorein' and boozin'. Plenty of gents turn those into hobbies!" :laugh:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Yeah all the help I can get will be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure how heavy mdf is but with 4 sheets and the um 18-22 weighing 45 I'm guessing that each will weigh between 300 and 400 pounds a piece

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
Lucky the wife hasn't really complained about the theater. She gave me a 8000 budget to start with. I just smiled and said OK. She's fine with the build as long as I start her library when I'm done

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #388 (Edited)
Definitely would be cool for you to do one once the titans are done and the 2 other subs. I could bring the qscs down to do a blind test

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
No! What? I didn't recommend that you do the submaximus so you would get rid of the full martys in the rear. I think you should do 4 submaximuses and two full martys in the rear or some mbms or something else. I like spending other people's money. :D

@Jk7.2 - what are you doing with the two DS4s? I've been thinking of replacing my two SVS PB12-NSDs with a full/mini marty in the rear. My wife's going to go crazy if I start another subwoofer build though. I keep telling her, "these 1099s are it and I'm done; wait, no these front Cyclopses are it, no more; wait I need some MBMs, but nothing else; these Titans are the last ones, I swear." She now just begrudgingly pencils in Saturdays for speaker builds. Lol.
I think my wife liked the idea of the v3s because I'll make money off the ds4s and not need a 3rd inuke 6000dsp. I like the idea of the Marty's in the back but the way the room is set up it will look much better without them up there. Plus they were going to cover a few riser vents

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Is anyone running Seymour center stage xd I'm trying to figure what side is the from is it the shinier side with more texture

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
I used the UF but it was the side facing the roll, so as you unroll it that is the side that went out front. Clear as mud? :confused:

BTW nice room and build!! :)
Thanks that's what I ended up doing. Thanks for the compliments also

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
So I got the screen up last night and put the shorter drop tube on . You can see the projector is much more tucked up in the pics. I also trimmed out the bar a little bit more to add some dimension to it

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
My phone socks at taking pics I'll have my wife take a better picture later

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
381 - 400 of 652 Posts