AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Made it through the whole thread just now, all the work you did, the amount and attention to detail is just excellent, Bravo!
Man, gonna be one helluva place to watch movies and chill. I'd love to see and hear it when you get it completed.

BTW, thanks for hookin' me up with the HT18's, they will have a good home very soon.
Also, don't know if you ever bought a new table saw (or were still looking).
If going the new route, an FYI: I wish I would have bought the Delta that Lowes sells instead of the Rigid 4512 I bought at HD, it's a much better/more precise tool.

I'll see you in your horn-build thread.
Again, fantastic workmanship here. :)

Cheers
-Steve

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Made it through the whole thread just now, all the work you did, the amount and attention to detail is just excellent, Bravo!
Man, gonna be one helluva place to watch movies and chill. I'd love to see and hear it when you get it completed.

BTW, thanks for hookin' me up with the HT18's, they will have a good home very soon.
Also, don't know if you ever bought a new table saw (or were still looking).
If going the new route, an FYI: I wish I would have bought the Delta that Lowes sells instead of the Rigid 4512 I bought at HD, it's a much better/more precise tool.

I'll see you in your horn-build thread.
Again, fantastic workmanship here. :)

Cheers
-Steve
Thanks man its been a lot of work but going to be all worth it in the end. I'll definitely shoot you a invite when I get it all wrapped and tweaked to my liking. I'll have to make it out your way to hear the 18s when you get yours finished. I'm glad to see them go to someone that's going to get some use out of them. Still haven't bought a new table saw I'll give the delta a look. I've seen it while looking for other stuff at lowes. I want something with at least a 30 in cut width

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Lmao yeah the door is the only real reference point to the size of the screen. Wait till you see it. Looks even bigger in person

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
I went to look at velvet today. The royalty 3 looked kinda shimmery to me. I searched the forum more and decided not to buy it. I ordered another product from syfabrics that was recommended. I hope it is a good product. The royalty 3 is the one on the left in my pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
I went to look at velvet today. The royalty 3 looked kinda shimmery to me. I searched the forum more and decided not to buy it. I ordered another product from syfabrics that was recommended. I hope it is a good product. The royalty 3 is the one on the left in my pic.
I just liked how black the royalty 3 is and I got it 60 percent off got ten yards for like 80 dollars

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Looks like you could go with a wider screen. :D
Lol yeah i could fit almost 200 in in there but the jvc rs400 would never cut the bill probably would have to up the budget to get something that would light up 200 inches

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Lol yeah i could fit almost 200 in in there but the jvc rs400 would never cut the bill probably would have to up the budget to get something that would light up 200 inches

I shouldn't be getting this excited for someone else's room. Can't wait to check it out.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Are you saying for 2:35:1 or your saying around the screen actually just about to start wrapping the screen panels

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
God that looks good!

I'll second that. I only wish I had the space to build a baffle.

I'm watching your thread closely, for whatever reason I can't visualize how the panels around the screen interact with the screen itself. My assumption is panels then the screen but I can't picture how the screen mounting bracket protrudes from the framing. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
Not sure yet I turned on suicide squad and it didn't look terrible if I do do masking I'll just build something to do it the Comercial setups are crazy priced

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #420

Front wall is done glad I chose the royalty 3 it's like a black hole. I can't even tell my side wings are angled it's so black. I also got the crossovers all installed in the columns going to install all the drivers tomorrow

401 - 420 of 652 Posts