AVS Forum banner

421 - 440 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Looks great! That screen is ridiculous!! :eek:

I thought the Royalty 3 looked "shimmery" when I saw it in the store too... almost didn't buy it because I thought I was looking at the wrong fabric. You're right though - once it is in the room it is like a black hole!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
The front wall looks great! Good choice switching to the new material. Your room is really coming together nicely.
Thanks yeah I was leary about it being a little shiny but it doesn't shine at all in the room. Thanks carpet is Wednesday I'll have to get pics up I'll have small things still to do like install the larger door hinges and panel out the door like the rest of the room and build the column covers for the speakers plus build the 4 submaximus v3s which isn't one of the small things lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts

Front wall is done glad I chose the royalty 3 it's like a black hole. I can't even tell my side wings are angled it's so black. I also got the crossovers all installed in the columns going to install all the drivers tomorrow

That looks so good. I'm glad the fabric worked out. The screen is huge. Image looks great though. I can't wait to see it in person. Great work Jeremy

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
The picture looked really good. I was surprised with the size of the screen

·
Registered
578 Posts
That looks absolutely fantastic! Just disappears into the ether.

Dumb question - is the $13.99/yard price Joann is currently listing for the Royalty 3 a good price? Are there any other "tricks" one can use to get a better price for the stuff?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
That looks absolutely fantastic! Just disappears into the ether.

Dumb question - is the $13.99/yard price Joann is currently listing for the Royalty 3 a good price? Are there any other "tricks" one can use to get a better price for the stuff?
Yeah sign up for there coupon text on your phone or go online and go to coupons on there website. I ran out there yesterday it was the regular price of 20 and got it 50 percent off. When I bought the first batch of 10 yards I got it 60 percent off. Only thing they don't let you use the coupon if there's a sale going on for that material

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
I haven't changed it from out of the box setting guessing they ship it in eco mode

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Thanks it's all done were just vacuuming and going to touch up trim that got dinged and I'll post more pics of the patern. The carpet is ridiculously comfortable

Yeah they do scuff up the black base some. I have pics on my build taken right after installation .. still had carpet fibers all over. It looks like small trash all over it. People probably see that and think ..man that guy need to clean!

The sound once carpet is in is impressive. You finally get to hear the noise floor..:D.

That tight fiber commercial like stuff is really comfy. I like it better than the normal carpet we have everywhere else.

·
Premium Member
3,627 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the carpet! The room has a totally different feel once the flooring is done. What a milestone! Congrats on the awesome progress!

421 - 440 of 652 Posts