AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following games are available in HD.
Please post which game you are viewing, what channel, your location, and how you are viewing the game (OTA, Cable, Sat, IPTV).

12 Noon ET

Rutgers at West Virginia ABC HD

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati ESPN HD

SMU at UCF (Conference USA Championship) ESPN2 HD

2 PM ET

Troy at Florida Atlantic ESPNU HD

3:30 PM ET

Oregon at Oregon State ABC HD

4 PM ET

South Carolina vs. Auburn (SEC Chamionship) CBS HD

7 PM ET

Washington at Washington State Versus HD

7:45 PM ET

Virginia Tech vs. Florida State (ACC Championship) ESPN HD

8 PM ET

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma (Big 12 Championship) ABC HD

Connecticut at USF ESPN2 HD

10:30 PM ET

USC at UCLA FSN HD

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
more widescreen SD looking quality "HD" from ABC/ESPN for OR-ORst here in Chicagoland, D*

what a disgrace.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan
The Oregon game actually looks better than most I've seen from ESPN lately, the image is soft, but it's also a pretty clean image.

Comcast - San Francisco
Agree, by ESPN standards it is pretty good.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Actually doesn't look too bad to me on D* WABC. Wish they would do away with the GD bottom line. Not a damn thing scrolling on there that I need to know about. Please get rid of the damn thing.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy
Agree, by ESPN standards it is pretty good.

the field level player zoom ins are sharp.

the main cam and the sky cam are softer focus than fiona in burn notice.

makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
36,333 Posts
Now the CBS game, South Carolina vs. Auburn, does not look like a typical CBS broadcast, in fact, it looks as if I'm watching a 720p channel, soft image.

Comcast - San Francisco

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
For the first time in ages, I'm forced to watch the OKLA vs NEB game on ABC on a standard definition TV. Can someone remind me what I'm seeing the effects of that makes it look odd in SD, as though it's not entirely smooth motion. Noticed especially when the camera pans and when the text in the ticker scrolls. It reminds me of what we used to see when watching something that was live from the UK.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes /forum/post/19595463

For the first time in ages, I'm forced to watch the OKLA vs NEB game on ABC on a standard definition TV. Can someone remind me what I'm seeing the effects of that makes it look odd in SD, as though it's not entirely smooth motion. Noticed especially when the camera pans and when the text in the ticker scrolls. It reminds me of what we used to see when watching something that was live from the UK.

Sounds like the downconversion is only using every other 720p frame? How is the downconversion being performed?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Further update, OU-Nebraska is probably the best looking game on any ESPN network this year. Nice sharp picture, no ringing, no dancing grass, little to no noise on long shots. Whites look a little reddish, but that might be appropriate for a battle of crimson and scarlet. No judder on the HD broadcast on WFAA.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz /forum/post/19595669

Further update, OU-Nebraska is probably the best looking game on any ESPN network this year. Nice sharp picture, no ringing, no dancing grass, little to no noise on long shots. Whites look a little reddish, but that might be appropriate for a battle of crimson and scarlet. No judder on the HD broadcast on WFAA.

nice sharp picture?

not here.

D*, Chicagoland

both games look like total crap.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts

Quote:

Watching on E* and can't agree. Main cams are soft as usual. Better than typical ESPN though.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

Quote:

Have to respectfully disagree. I am a Cowboys fan and obviously watch all of their games. I have yet to see a decent broadcast from that stadium. Not sure if it's the lighting or what but in never looks good.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts

Quote:

I agree---the best I have seen in quite a while.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.