AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forum. I also know how to use a search function... But I'm not really sure what to search for yet since I'm just beginning my quest for a new TV. I'm looking for something within the 32"-42". I know Sony and Samsung are great, but tend to be pricey. Any suggestions? Every once in a while I check dealzmodo for some good deals, but haven't been able to pull the trigger.

Thanks

·
Registered
897 Posts
If you are going to college you better learn to use search functions quickly.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
LOL. Recently I saw an ad for The Walden School. It immediately reminds of Doonesbury. Are these people kidding?

Well in order to search, u gotta know WHAT to search for, and so far your requirement are so generic that u may as well search for "FOOD" on google and see how many geegahits u get. Narrow your requirement down. Just like when your teacher tells u, break the problem apart so it doesn't feel so daunting.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
OK. To make your quest easier. The best of the lower priced LCDs is Vizio. They make a few different models, they are not the quality of Samsung nor Sony, but many people like Vizio very much. So do some research on that brand and you will probably be able to find one in your price range.

And if you have the time, check out amazon for Samsungs. They often have some great pricing, are reliable and with no tax or shipping, you can sometimes get a better brand for close to the cheaper brand prices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also like the Vizios, and they are the best bang for the buck. However, I recently bought a Sanyo DP42849 from Walmart the past week for $648 plus tax. The picture quality is great!

Also, if this going to be in a college dorm, I would suggest a LCD or Plasma from Walmart because things can get wild in a dorm room!

·
Banned
4,673 Posts
Panasonic has some great value series. You can find older Samsung\\Sony models at great prices. Toshiba's can be a good value as well. And of course there is always Vizio. Happy hunting!

slickdeals.net

dealoco.com

bensbargains.net

dealigg.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts