AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Jaehong, that's about the same that I get on my 9500LC with the CF6000. Depending on just what light level 100 IRE is producing you can sometimes raise or lower the level that 100 IRE represents and soften the middle of the blue curve a little bit. If I set 100 IRE so it produces about 7 ft.lamberts I can smooth the curve so that it only rises to 120% instead of 130% and doesn't roll off quite so fast. I'd guess that you are set to between 8 and 9 ft.lamberts of light output.

It doesn't get much better than that, I'm afraid.

--Bill

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
What if you slightly defocus blue ? It is a common way to get a little more out of it, as blue is typically the weakest color.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Paul, I've tried defocusing a couple of times and while it does seem to increase the blue output slightly I haven't seen a significant change in the resulting graphs. The blue moves up the graph slightly, but the curve is still pretty much the same.

Also, I know they say you shouldn't see a difference in the picture with blue defocused but I do notice it as missing a slight amount of fine detail with a good HD source. I don't notice it much on a DVD even with HTPC, but definitely on HD.

The only way I've seen to get it any smoother is to reduce the total light output of all three guns at 100 IRE so in effect, blue doesn't roll off as soon or as quickly.

--Bill

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know if i've missed something here, but have you tried the red and blue cut-off settings? On my Barco they can be accessed from the remote. I managed to get the balance to within 5% from 30 to 100 ire by adjusting these, takes a lot of patience to do (for me anyway!)

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
You will be limited by the blue. You have to stay below blooming on the blue at 100 IRE and the adjust the red and green for proper gray scale.That will be the maximum light output you can get without running out of blue. The blue puits outr more than the red and green at low IRE given the same beam current but much less at high IRE. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Dosent the Ehomes offer gamma-corrections for the blue? Newer Barco projectors have gamma-corrections-circuits and it results in a very good tracking over the whole range.

Per Johnny

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Yes they have gamma correction. The beam current to the blue is cut relative to the red/green at low IREs and is boosted relative to the red/green at higher IREs. However, the blue even boosted in feeble and will quickly bloom if pushed, therefore effectively limiting the overall brightness if obtaining a proper gray scale and gray scale tracking is important.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.