AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hitachi 1024x768 LCD Projector. LCD projectors do not project black, correct? So if I watch mostly 16x9 DVDs and happen to watch tv or some thing in 4x3, the black area on the top and bottom will not have any burn in?

Thanks

Jared

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scottpe
Neither LCD nor DLP projectors are subject to burn-in. No worries...

--Scott
:eek: I am running away from this thread. I see people with huge automated flamethrowers coming!

Before I go, there were some instances of LCD PJs acquiring black bars when used at not original screen ratio. Mostly linked to overheating and consequent over-overheating of black parts of the panels. Is that what is called burn-out?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Stasulos
:eek: I am running away from this thread. I see people with huge automated flamethrowers coming!

Before I go, there were some instances of LCD PJs acquiring black bars when used at not original screen ratio. Mostly linked to overheating and consequent over-overheating of black parts of the panels. Is that what is called burn-out?
Overheating damage to LCD panels is not related to the image they are projecting. As discussed on this forum ( click here ) excessive heat from the projector's lamp can damage the polarizer panels, resulting in discolorations, particularly in the corners. This has nothing to do with projecting static images and everything to do with inadequate heat dissipation. As a precaution I run my PT-L200U fan in high mode whenever I use the PJ for more than three consecutive hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.