AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall reading this thread about this tool to calibrate colors on the PC/monitor, but I'm not sure if this will help me.

This is my issue: MyHD and DVD output look great, though I know I'm eye-balling it; but WinTV or SageTV tend, rather obviously, to the "hot" side, with orange to reddish skin tones, for instance. On WinTV, I can adjust the saturation to more pleasing levels, but the setting is not persisted the next time the application starts. And I can't find such an adjustment on SageTV. So at this point, I am rather confused as to whether the colors are off on my desktop and/or video adapter settings (which should be at factory default: Radeon 9000 PRO), or whether WinTV and SageTV are themselves adding too much red.

Anyone know whether the tool referenced in the above thread help me since I only see the problem with WinTV and SageTV?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried the monitor calibration tool with no visible effect on color. Anyone know whether I need to disable Powerstrip to make this work?

·
Registered
647 Posts
It sounds like the calibration is maintained within the player you are using. Is there a way to calibrate within SageTV and save the settings when you next load.

For example Dscaler has a calibration setting that you connect a dvd player to the tvcard and run the calibration within Dscaler. It then saves the settings for future use. I too experience the same problems with the picture bing too hot via the tvcard, but right on when playing back a dvd.

Saving the calibration within Dscaler solved the problem for me. Maybe your situation is similiar

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Is there a way to calibrate within SageTV and save the settings when you next load.

For example Dscaler has a calibration setting ...
Problem is the Dscaler plugin (not application) that comes with SageTV does not allow--as far as I can see and poke around--any color calibration. Anyone know of an ini file or registry entry one can use to do color calibration with the Dscaler plug in? Or alternatively, can someone point me to SageTV's color calibration?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.