Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I have a BG808, without colored glycol(as you know), and I also

have a BD701 WITH colored glycol...Should I switch?

Nicholas

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Nicholas.

Ive pondered somewhat similar situations before.

Sorry- I don't have a good answer for you.

Ive replaced colored fluid with clear during de-fungus operations, and I can tell you the clear almost always seems brighter and sharper, but the colors are off slightly. Im assuming the brightness difference is because of the lack of filtering. The sharpness difference (Im talking about parts of the tube where the fungus was not visible b4) is most likely the result of the fluid being contaminated...

In the back of my mind I have pondered that perhaps the dye used might introduce some distortion contributing to the perceived sharpness, probably in the form of scattered light. I dont know for sure, but if that is the case it seems performance gains might be had from replacing colored fluid with clear - and perhaps then correcting the colors through color filters (like Kennys). On the flip, perhaps the net result is the same, since it seems that anything in the optical path is going to have *some* scatter... I admit I am not even close to being an expert on color filtering, so perhaps Im completely off-base and I am the only one foolish enough to suggest such a thing. :)

Anyone?

Kieth

·
Registered
887 Posts
I think Per Johnny did this some time ago. Not sure if he posted the result here, but I think it was a success. You will lose som brightness, but probably get more saturated reds and greens.

Gunnar

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the image becomes less sharp, I won't do it. that's for sure.

Nicholas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.