AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I've been reading the posts, ISF info and tweak sites. All very interesting to me. But I must confess, I don't think I have the time and interest to go the whole nine yards. I don't think I want to be buying a lot of tools, disks, etc. and spending a lot of time frequently to realign, recalibrate, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not shy about having to make an adjustment or two once in a great while - but I want it easy! :) Am I nuts? =:-o

So, to that end, which will give me the best picture out of the box, with little tweaking, be it satellite or DVD, NTSC or HDTV? I'm looking at the Panasonic PT47WX49/51 , Hitachi 43/53UWX10B and Toshiba 50/42H81, Mitsu WT46809.

Obviously I'm in the $1600-$2400 price range, widescreen, HDTV market here. Please don't take offense at this post. I'm not in any way knocking what you guys are into - just admitting that I'm looking for perhaps an easier (and probably slightly blurrier) road! ;-)

All comments, suggestions and slander welcome......

Chris

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Probably the Toshiba or the Hitachi. The others need more work, but will end up looking better too.

You will get out of it exactly what you put into it.

Regards

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Wasn't interested in doing all that stuff a few years ago myself, Chris, having tinkered with a 7-ft-screen FP for 25 years. So, wanting good images, I settled on a 9-in.-CRT set, Philips' 64PH9905. Despite posts here that may suggest otherwise, I've done no work or even service adjustments on the set in 21 months. Images have been superb right out of the box. My 2 cents is to invest a little more and look into some of the older 9-in-CRT models, such as Philips' 64PP9751, now being discounted sharply. -- John

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so now lets assume I get one of these sets (Hitachi 43, 53, Panny 47 or Tosh 42 or 50") and it comes to me in relatively bad shape, picturewise. Armed only with the Avia disk, what in your experience, would be the expected 'novice' setup time for each or any of these and likewise, what I would expect to have to do to keep the picture looking great?

Thanks in advance for sharing your advise.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.